Airbus Helicopters Inc., the North American sales leader in law enforcement helicopters for more than a decade, will exhibit a California Highway Patrol H125 AStar at the 2016 International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference in San Diego, Calif. on Oct. 16-18, Booth #4927.
The California Highway Patrol operates 11 H125/AS350-series AStar aircraft to conduct a wide variety of law enforcement missions, including patrol, search and rescue and special operations. Airbus Helicopters Inc. produces the H125 at its facility in Columbus, Miss. The CHP AStars have an advanced avionics and mission equipment suite that enhances the law enforcement operational capabilities of the aircraft. Installed equipment includes a thermal imager, searchlight, moving map system and a 500-pound rescue hoist. Hangar One Avionics in Carlsbad, Calif. integrates the law enforcement completion packages for the CHP helicopters.
“CHP has been operating Airbus Helicopters products for over 30 years, starting with an AS350B model in 1984,” said Ed Van Winkle, Director of Market Segment Sales for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “The CHP’s continued dedication to Airbus Helicopters products demonstrate the high level of trust that CHP has in the AStar to perform its wide range of missions.”
In addition to the California Highway Patrol, numerous agencies across North America deploy the H125 to conduct law enforcement missions. Recently the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department in California ordered two new H125’s as part of a fleet replacement plan to upgrade their current fleet of six AStars. The new helicopters will be used to conduct law enforcement and search and rescue missions. Airbus Helicopters Inc. will perform the law enforcement completions at its Grand Prairie, Texas headquarters for delivery in mid-2017.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case