Airbus Helicopters Inc., the North American sales leader in law enforcement helicopters for more than a decade, will exhibit a California Highway Patrol H125 AStar at the 2016 International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference in San Diego, Calif. on Oct. 16-18, Booth #4927.
The California Highway Patrol operates 11 H125/AS350-series AStar aircraft to conduct a wide variety of law enforcement missions, including patrol, search and rescue and special operations. Airbus Helicopters Inc. produces the H125 at its facility in Columbus, Miss. The CHP AStars have an advanced avionics and mission equipment suite that enhances the law enforcement operational capabilities of the aircraft. Installed equipment includes a thermal imager, searchlight, moving map system and a 500-pound rescue hoist. Hangar One Avionics in Carlsbad, Calif. integrates the law enforcement completion packages for the CHP helicopters.
“CHP has been operating Airbus Helicopters products for over 30 years, starting with an AS350B model in 1984,” said Ed Van Winkle, Director of Market Segment Sales for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “The CHP’s continued dedication to Airbus Helicopters products demonstrate the high level of trust that CHP has in the AStar to perform its wide range of missions.”
In addition to the California Highway Patrol, numerous agencies across North America deploy the H125 to conduct law enforcement missions. Recently the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department in California ordered two new H125’s as part of a fleet replacement plan to upgrade their current fleet of six AStars. The new helicopters will be used to conduct law enforcement and search and rescue missions. Airbus Helicopters Inc. will perform the law enforcement completions at its Grand Prairie, Texas headquarters for delivery in mid-2017.
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield
- Russian Helicopters to participate in China Helicopter Expo 2017
- India approves Able Aerospace MRO solutions
- Helicopter crash in lake
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- USHST Announces Second Group of Proposed Safety Enhancement
- SAFE Structure to build maintenance platforms for USCG MH-65s at CGAS Elizabeth City
- Waypoint establishing leasing platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China
- Bristow SAR Crew Receives Sikorsky Winged-S Rescue Award
- 30 year anniversary of EMS Air Ambulances in the UK
- Midlands Air Ambulance Invests in RRV
- Rockwell Collins delivers first mission computer for Airbus HForce
- Helitech organisers profile technical sessions
- Airbus Helicopters showcases EMS capabilities at China Helicopter Expo 2017
- Leonardo puts helicopters on centre stage at DSEI 2017
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for 24 MH-60R/S Audio Management Lite Computers
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $38M contract for V-22 Generator Repairs
- Altitude Air puts new H125 into service