Airbus Helicopters Inc., the North American sales leader in law enforcement helicopters for more than a decade, will exhibit a California Highway Patrol H125 AStar at the 2016 International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference in San Diego, Calif. on Oct. 16-18, Booth #4927.
The California Highway Patrol operates 11 H125/AS350-series AStar aircraft to conduct a wide variety of law enforcement missions, including patrol, search and rescue and special operations. Airbus Helicopters Inc. produces the H125 at its facility in Columbus, Miss. The CHP AStars have an advanced avionics and mission equipment suite that enhances the law enforcement operational capabilities of the aircraft. Installed equipment includes a thermal imager, searchlight, moving map system and a 500-pound rescue hoist. Hangar One Avionics in Carlsbad, Calif. integrates the law enforcement completion packages for the CHP helicopters.
“CHP has been operating Airbus Helicopters products for over 30 years, starting with an AS350B model in 1984,” said Ed Van Winkle, Director of Market Segment Sales for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “The CHP’s continued dedication to Airbus Helicopters products demonstrate the high level of trust that CHP has in the AStar to perform its wide range of missions.”
In addition to the California Highway Patrol, numerous agencies across North America deploy the H125 to conduct law enforcement missions. Recently the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department in California ordered two new H125’s as part of a fleet replacement plan to upgrade their current fleet of six AStars. The new helicopters will be used to conduct law enforcement and search and rescue missions. Airbus Helicopters Inc. will perform the law enforcement completions at its Grand Prairie, Texas headquarters for delivery in mid-2017.
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone