The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission has lifted the customs duties on helicopters with empty weight of up to 1 ton. The countries of the Eurasian Economic Union, such as Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan will be affected by this temporary lift, which will run until the end of 2017.
The decision was made in order to create better economic conditions in the aviation sector, reduce debt and allow for more funds to be used for investment purposes, reports Russian Aviation Insider.
R44 and R66 light helicopters will be affected by this new decision, as well as encouraging the assembly of Bell-505 helicopters. Russia and the CIS have border 12 of these helicopters, with a deadline of around June 2017.
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command