The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission has lifted the customs duties on helicopters with empty weight of up to 1 ton. The countries of the Eurasian Economic Union, such as Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan will be affected by this temporary lift, which will run until the end of 2017.
The decision was made in order to create better economic conditions in the aviation sector, reduce debt and allow for more funds to be used for investment purposes, reports Russian Aviation Insider.
R44 and R66 light helicopters will be affected by this new decision, as well as encouraging the assembly of Bell-505 helicopters. Russia and the CIS have border 12 of these helicopters, with a deadline of around June 2017.
- K. Roger Williams Passes Away at Age of 65
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Fundraising for New Air Evac Helipad for Perry County
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Second prototype HAL Light Utility Helicopter makes first flight
- 50th anniversary of Mi-2 helicopters in the service of the Polish Armed Forces
- Russian Helicopters delivers first medevac Ansat to State Transport Leasing Company
- L3 WESCAM Launches MatriX™ ISR System Solutions Kits
- Sundance Helicopters plans to break World Record
- Northstar Provides New Corporate Headquarters for Air Methods
- The anniversary HeliRussia 2017 have set an absolute record
- Ghana Orders 4 Z-9EH Helicopters for Oil and Gas Project
- Lower Operating Temperature for H135
- Boulder Transport Starts Helicopter Flights up Front Range
- Luxaviation Helicopters announces strategic partnership with Azur Hélicoptère
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter