The 70th anniversary of the first helicopter landing on deck of the River-Class HMS Helmsdale frigate was celebrated at Yeovilton with a fly in of historic naval helicopters. Alan Bristow was the pilot of the Sikorsky Hoverfly K969 that made the first landing.
He would never have realised the importance of that flight as it became the precursor to helicopters joining the Royal Navy. Alan’s widow, Heather Bristow attended the anniversary and presented the Fly Navy Heritage Trust with a cheque for £5000 in memory of her late husband.
Alan was the founder of Bristow Helicopters, which also celebrates 60 years of heritage this year, reports Navy Wings.
- Nepal Army decommissioning its two Alouette III series helicopters
- Saudi Arabia – Continuation of Maintenance Support Services (MSS)
- Marine Corps Plans to add Weaponry to V-22 Fleet
- Bell Boeing awarded $103M contract for V-22 Part Repairs
- Airbus awarded $117M contract for procurement of 16 UH-72A aircraft
- Genesys Aerosystems Delivers over 1,000 HeliSAS Systems
- Elbit wins approval to acquire Universal Avionics
- JETNET celebrates 30 years in business
- 2018 MTLI Scholarship Winners
- Librestream Powers New Remote Assistance Service from Safran
- HeliRussia 2018 features a variety of MRO companies
- DART chooses Drallim Industries as Repair & Overhaul facility
- Spectrum Aeromed Completes Production Amendment
- AUTOFLUG releases new options for passenger transport
- Metro continues to improve the MetroAlert app
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- HeliRussia and Show Observer renew partnership
- AHS Announces 2018 Group Award Winners
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad