Starspeed has been accredited with Stage II of the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO).
IS-BAO is internationally recognized and respected as the global standard in safety requirements for the business aviation operator community. It is a set of performance-based standards that uses the safety management system as its cornerstone, addressing operations, maintenance, training and other related issues.
Starspeed Ltd. is the only UK commercial helicopter operating company to achieve the advanced Stage II Status. The accreditation was confirmed this month following a visit from the auditors in August. Starspeed first achieved Stage I accreditation in 2014.
Starspeed Director, Simon Mitchell said: “Starspeed has been committed to the goals of achieving the highest possible standards in safety management and helicopter operation. So, it is with much pride that the Company’s efforts have been recognised with an elevated status to Stage II in the IS-BAO.”
He continued: “Our success comes down to our great team built up of well-motivated experts, working within an environment of transparency and trust; but Starspeed will not relax for a moment, and remains committed to improving standards through technology and training at every opportunity it can see.”
Starspeed Ltd. is the largest privately-owned helicopter management, charter and training company in Europe. It presently manages 16 aircraft and is one of the oldest privately owned firms within the onshore market.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations