Starspeed has been accredited with Stage II of the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO).
IS-BAO is internationally recognized and respected as the global standard in safety requirements for the business aviation operator community. It is a set of performance-based standards that uses the safety management system as its cornerstone, addressing operations, maintenance, training and other related issues.
Starspeed Ltd. is the only UK commercial helicopter operating company to achieve the advanced Stage II Status. The accreditation was confirmed this month following a visit from the auditors in August. Starspeed first achieved Stage I accreditation in 2014.
Starspeed Director, Simon Mitchell said: “Starspeed has been committed to the goals of achieving the highest possible standards in safety management and helicopter operation. So, it is with much pride that the Company’s efforts have been recognised with an elevated status to Stage II in the IS-BAO.”
He continued: “Our success comes down to our great team built up of well-motivated experts, working within an environment of transparency and trust; but Starspeed will not relax for a moment, and remains committed to improving standards through technology and training at every opportunity it can see.”
Starspeed Ltd. is the largest privately-owned helicopter management, charter and training company in Europe. It presently manages 16 aircraft and is one of the oldest privately owned firms within the onshore market.
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket