Starspeed has been accredited with Stage II of the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO).
IS-BAO is internationally recognized and respected as the global standard in safety requirements for the business aviation operator community. It is a set of performance-based standards that uses the safety management system as its cornerstone, addressing operations, maintenance, training and other related issues.
Starspeed Ltd. is the only UK commercial helicopter operating company to achieve the advanced Stage II Status. The accreditation was confirmed this month following a visit from the auditors in August. Starspeed first achieved Stage I accreditation in 2014.
Starspeed Director, Simon Mitchell said: “Starspeed has been committed to the goals of achieving the highest possible standards in safety management and helicopter operation. So, it is with much pride that the Company’s efforts have been recognised with an elevated status to Stage II in the IS-BAO.”
He continued: “Our success comes down to our great team built up of well-motivated experts, working within an environment of transparency and trust; but Starspeed will not relax for a moment, and remains committed to improving standards through technology and training at every opportunity it can see.”
Starspeed Ltd. is the largest privately-owned helicopter management, charter and training company in Europe. It presently manages 16 aircraft and is one of the oldest privately owned firms within the onshore market.
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- Bell and DART partner for Bell 505 emergency flotation system STC
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia
- Norway Sends out Audit on Repsol after North Sea Incident
- Helicopter Maintenance Centre between Russia and Serbia
- Fatal Indiana Crash Under Investigation
- Russian Helicopters introduce after-sales service concept for Russian rotorcraft in India
- Boston MedFlight Completes FAA Part 135 Certificate Licensure
- New Helicopter Aircrew Training System at HMAS Albatross
- Southeast Aerospace receives the FAA’s Gold Award of Excellence