Starspeed has been accredited with Stage II of the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO).
IS-BAO is internationally recognized and respected as the global standard in safety requirements for the business aviation operator community. It is a set of performance-based standards that uses the safety management system as its cornerstone, addressing operations, maintenance, training and other related issues.
Starspeed Ltd. is the only UK commercial helicopter operating company to achieve the advanced Stage II Status. The accreditation was confirmed this month following a visit from the auditors in August. Starspeed first achieved Stage I accreditation in 2014.
Starspeed Director, Simon Mitchell said: “Starspeed has been committed to the goals of achieving the highest possible standards in safety management and helicopter operation. So, it is with much pride that the Company’s efforts have been recognised with an elevated status to Stage II in the IS-BAO.”
He continued: “Our success comes down to our great team built up of well-motivated experts, working within an environment of transparency and trust; but Starspeed will not relax for a moment, and remains committed to improving standards through technology and training at every opportunity it can see.”
Starspeed Ltd. is the largest privately-owned helicopter management, charter and training company in Europe. It presently manages 16 aircraft and is one of the oldest privately owned firms within the onshore market.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017