NHV is pleased to announce the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities at their operational base at Aberdeen InternationalAirport.
The construction works commenced in September 2015 and were completed in September 2016. The new double story passenger handling terminal incorporates all the facilities required to process offshore passengers including check in, x-ray, security, safety equipment storage & issue, safety briefing rooms etc. and is fully CAA/DFT compliant.
The heliport facility is located at the North East corner of the Aberdeen Dyce Airport within a short distance to the runways and limited taxi time needed, which provides significant advantages to our clients.
Lesley Philip, Logistics team lead at Chevron Upstream Europe, said: “The new heliport has been well received by our offshore community. The modern, spacious facility supports efficient passenger processing, which is further aided by the ability to exit the briefing room directly onto the tarmac and airside. Many of our offshore personnel have provided positive feedback on the comfort level and leisure facilities on offer, such as pool, Wi-Fi and TVs, prior to departure.”
“Our new facilities in Aberdeen are very important for NHV to enable the company to serve its existing and future customers in one of the most strategic helicopter hubs of the industry. It will also allow us to strengthen our position in the UK market.” says Eric Van Hal, CEO of the NHV Group.
The base already became operational from the 1st of January 2016 where the existing facilities (warehouse and offices) were quickly altered to become a hangar and temporary passenger handling facilities. An official opening reception will be held on October 21st 2016 in the presence of Simon Gray (CEO EEEGR) and Deirdre Michie (CEO Oil & Gas UK).
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills