UK operator Specialist Aviation Services is pleased to announce an agreement with Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust to provide a second AW169.
The charity’s first helicopter, displayed at this year’s Helitech International, will enter service later this year, whilst the second aircraft will go into operation later next year, bringing the total number of SAS operated and maintained AW169’s by then to at least 9 aircraft.
SAS has a successful history of supporting EMS, police, offshore and corporate helicopter operations and has a long working relationship with the Trust which was the first UK Air Ambulance to use NVGs and provide a full 24 hour HEMS capability. KSSAAT and SAS are also establishing a new joint operations and third-party maintenance facility at Redhill in the south east of England.
In addition to being a Leonardo Helicopters Service Centre, SAS has significant in-house completions capability to optimize the role capability of the aircraft on its fleet and has several AW169s already working through its Gloucestershire Airport based completions centre.
The SAS designed interior offers the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of working practices for its customers and SAS has been working closely with KSSAAT to revolutionise the HEMS and transfer capability that its medical teams will shortly be delivering.
In announcing the agreement, KSSAAT’s Chief Executive, Adrian Bell commented: “The AW169 represents a capability shift in HEMS delivery, the like of which has not been witnessed for a long time.
“Patient care is at the heart of all we do. The combination of speed, endurance and technology together with the potential to deliver patient interventions in a warm, dry and well-lit interior can only be of huge benefit to our patients.”
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket