UK operator Specialist Aviation Services is pleased to announce an agreement with Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust to provide a second AW169.
The charity’s first helicopter, displayed at this year’s Helitech International, will enter service later this year, whilst the second aircraft will go into operation later next year, bringing the total number of SAS operated and maintained AW169’s by then to at least 9 aircraft.
SAS has a successful history of supporting EMS, police, offshore and corporate helicopter operations and has a long working relationship with the Trust which was the first UK Air Ambulance to use NVGs and provide a full 24 hour HEMS capability. KSSAAT and SAS are also establishing a new joint operations and third-party maintenance facility at Redhill in the south east of England.
In addition to being a Leonardo Helicopters Service Centre, SAS has significant in-house completions capability to optimize the role capability of the aircraft on its fleet and has several AW169s already working through its Gloucestershire Airport based completions centre.
The SAS designed interior offers the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of working practices for its customers and SAS has been working closely with KSSAAT to revolutionise the HEMS and transfer capability that its medical teams will shortly be delivering.
In announcing the agreement, KSSAAT’s Chief Executive, Adrian Bell commented: “The AW169 represents a capability shift in HEMS delivery, the like of which has not been witnessed for a long time.
“Patient care is at the heart of all we do. The combination of speed, endurance and technology together with the potential to deliver patient interventions in a warm, dry and well-lit interior can only be of huge benefit to our patients.”
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017