UK operator Specialist Aviation Services is pleased to announce an agreement with Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust to provide a second AW169.
The charity’s first helicopter, displayed at this year’s Helitech International, will enter service later this year, whilst the second aircraft will go into operation later next year, bringing the total number of SAS operated and maintained AW169’s by then to at least 9 aircraft.
SAS has a successful history of supporting EMS, police, offshore and corporate helicopter operations and has a long working relationship with the Trust which was the first UK Air Ambulance to use NVGs and provide a full 24 hour HEMS capability. KSSAAT and SAS are also establishing a new joint operations and third-party maintenance facility at Redhill in the south east of England.
In addition to being a Leonardo Helicopters Service Centre, SAS has significant in-house completions capability to optimize the role capability of the aircraft on its fleet and has several AW169s already working through its Gloucestershire Airport based completions centre.
The SAS designed interior offers the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of working practices for its customers and SAS has been working closely with KSSAAT to revolutionise the HEMS and transfer capability that its medical teams will shortly be delivering.
In announcing the agreement, KSSAAT’s Chief Executive, Adrian Bell commented: “The AW169 represents a capability shift in HEMS delivery, the like of which has not been witnessed for a long time.
“Patient care is at the heart of all we do. The combination of speed, endurance and technology together with the potential to deliver patient interventions in a warm, dry and well-lit interior can only be of huge benefit to our patients.”
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations