UK operator Specialist Aviation Services is pleased to announce an agreement with Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust to provide a second AW169.
The charity’s first helicopter, displayed at this year’s Helitech International, will enter service later this year, whilst the second aircraft will go into operation later next year, bringing the total number of SAS operated and maintained AW169’s by then to at least 9 aircraft.
SAS has a successful history of supporting EMS, police, offshore and corporate helicopter operations and has a long working relationship with the Trust which was the first UK Air Ambulance to use NVGs and provide a full 24 hour HEMS capability. KSSAAT and SAS are also establishing a new joint operations and third-party maintenance facility at Redhill in the south east of England.
In addition to being a Leonardo Helicopters Service Centre, SAS has significant in-house completions capability to optimize the role capability of the aircraft on its fleet and has several AW169s already working through its Gloucestershire Airport based completions centre.
The SAS designed interior offers the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of working practices for its customers and SAS has been working closely with KSSAAT to revolutionise the HEMS and transfer capability that its medical teams will shortly be delivering.
In announcing the agreement, KSSAAT’s Chief Executive, Adrian Bell commented: “The AW169 represents a capability shift in HEMS delivery, the like of which has not been witnessed for a long time.
“Patient care is at the heart of all we do. The combination of speed, endurance and technology together with the potential to deliver patient interventions in a warm, dry and well-lit interior can only be of huge benefit to our patients.”
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills