|Global aeronautical communications provider, Satcom Direct (SD), announced today it has agreed to acquire TrueNorth Avionics, a company based in Ottawa, Canada that offers the latest technology in cabin communications solutions. With the purchase of TrueNorth, SD significantly expands its ability to provide advanced communications systems for business aviation aircraft.|
|Founded in 2006, TrueNorth Avionics designs, develops, and manufactures satellite communications solutions for business jets and avionics OEMs. Its latest innovation, the Optelity family of cabin communications systems, delivers high fidelity voice, fax, and WiFi solutions that enable intuitive connectivity for mobile devices.
“The acquisition of TrueNorth will broaden our avionics product portfolio and enable us to accelerate our efforts to bring fully integrated communications solutions to our customers. The ingenuity behind the Satcom Direct Router (SDR) and our SD Pro flight operations platform combined with TrueNorth’s highly advanced avionics will give aircraft operators an unrivaled ability to manage their aircraft communications systems, while giving passengers a user experience which exceeds their expectations,” said Jim Jensen, Founder and CEO of SD.
TrueNorth will become a business unit within the SD family of companies focused on advanced avionics development. “We pride ourselves on being a technology leader in our market, and we’re very excited to be part of a world class company like SD. Together we will bring cutting edge capabilities to our customers to truly enable the connected aircraft,” said Mark van Berkel, President and CEO of TrueNorth Avionics.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30