|Global aeronautical communications provider, Satcom Direct (SD), announced today it has agreed to acquire TrueNorth Avionics, a company based in Ottawa, Canada that offers the latest technology in cabin communications solutions. With the purchase of TrueNorth, SD significantly expands its ability to provide advanced communications systems for business aviation aircraft.|
|Founded in 2006, TrueNorth Avionics designs, develops, and manufactures satellite communications solutions for business jets and avionics OEMs. Its latest innovation, the Optelity family of cabin communications systems, delivers high fidelity voice, fax, and WiFi solutions that enable intuitive connectivity for mobile devices.
“The acquisition of TrueNorth will broaden our avionics product portfolio and enable us to accelerate our efforts to bring fully integrated communications solutions to our customers. The ingenuity behind the Satcom Direct Router (SDR) and our SD Pro flight operations platform combined with TrueNorth’s highly advanced avionics will give aircraft operators an unrivaled ability to manage their aircraft communications systems, while giving passengers a user experience which exceeds their expectations,” said Jim Jensen, Founder and CEO of SD.
TrueNorth will become a business unit within the SD family of companies focused on advanced avionics development. “We pride ourselves on being a technology leader in our market, and we’re very excited to be part of a world class company like SD. Together we will bring cutting edge capabilities to our customers to truly enable the connected aircraft,” said Mark van Berkel, President and CEO of TrueNorth Avionics.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded