|Global aeronautical communications provider, Satcom Direct (SD), announced today it has agreed to acquire TrueNorth Avionics, a company based in Ottawa, Canada that offers the latest technology in cabin communications solutions. With the purchase of TrueNorth, SD significantly expands its ability to provide advanced communications systems for business aviation aircraft.|
|Founded in 2006, TrueNorth Avionics designs, develops, and manufactures satellite communications solutions for business jets and avionics OEMs. Its latest innovation, the Optelity family of cabin communications systems, delivers high fidelity voice, fax, and WiFi solutions that enable intuitive connectivity for mobile devices.
“The acquisition of TrueNorth will broaden our avionics product portfolio and enable us to accelerate our efforts to bring fully integrated communications solutions to our customers. The ingenuity behind the Satcom Direct Router (SDR) and our SD Pro flight operations platform combined with TrueNorth’s highly advanced avionics will give aircraft operators an unrivaled ability to manage their aircraft communications systems, while giving passengers a user experience which exceeds their expectations,” said Jim Jensen, Founder and CEO of SD.
TrueNorth will become a business unit within the SD family of companies focused on advanced avionics development. “We pride ourselves on being a technology leader in our market, and we’re very excited to be part of a world class company like SD. Together we will bring cutting edge capabilities to our customers to truly enable the connected aircraft,” said Mark van Berkel, President and CEO of TrueNorth Avionics.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China