|Global aeronautical communications provider, Satcom Direct (SD), announced today it has agreed to acquire TrueNorth Avionics, a company based in Ottawa, Canada that offers the latest technology in cabin communications solutions. With the purchase of TrueNorth, SD significantly expands its ability to provide advanced communications systems for business aviation aircraft.|
|Founded in 2006, TrueNorth Avionics designs, develops, and manufactures satellite communications solutions for business jets and avionics OEMs. Its latest innovation, the Optelity family of cabin communications systems, delivers high fidelity voice, fax, and WiFi solutions that enable intuitive connectivity for mobile devices.
“The acquisition of TrueNorth will broaden our avionics product portfolio and enable us to accelerate our efforts to bring fully integrated communications solutions to our customers. The ingenuity behind the Satcom Direct Router (SDR) and our SD Pro flight operations platform combined with TrueNorth’s highly advanced avionics will give aircraft operators an unrivaled ability to manage their aircraft communications systems, while giving passengers a user experience which exceeds their expectations,” said Jim Jensen, Founder and CEO of SD.
TrueNorth will become a business unit within the SD family of companies focused on advanced avionics development. “We pride ourselves on being a technology leader in our market, and we’re very excited to be part of a world class company like SD. Together we will bring cutting edge capabilities to our customers to truly enable the connected aircraft,” said Mark van Berkel, President and CEO of TrueNorth Avionics.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years