The British Helicopter Association’s Eric Brown Award has been awarded to Rick Cawley.
The award is given to the individual considered to have made the greatest and most significant contribution to the British Helicopter Industry during the past twelve months.
It will be presented to Mr Cawley at the Association’s Annual Dinner in London this evening (November 10th 2016). Rick Cawley, a well-known figure in the industry retired from Airbus Helicopters UK this July on his 69th Birthday. He had been with the firm since 1977, when it was McAlpine Helicopters and stayed with them as they transformed into Eurocopter UK and then Airbus Helicopters UK. He became chief engineer in 1985 and six months ago was awarded their Lifetime Achievement Award.
His career in aviation started in 1965 with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
Speaking about the Eric Brown award, Mr Cawley said: “I am extremely proud and thrilled to have been nominated and to receive this award. Very many thanks.” Tim Fauchon, CEO of the British Helicopter Association said: “Rick is well known and respected throughout the industry having provided technical support for Airbus Helicopters for almost 40 years. His contribution to safety has been immense and he has always taken time to pass his wealth of knowledge onto others”. “We are delighted to be able to award him with this year’s Eric Brown Award on behalf of the Helicopter Industry in the UK. He is the first engineer to win this prestigious award”.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations