The British Helicopter Association’s Eric Brown Award has been awarded to Rick Cawley.
The award is given to the individual considered to have made the greatest and most significant contribution to the British Helicopter Industry during the past twelve months.
It will be presented to Mr Cawley at the Association’s Annual Dinner in London this evening (November 10th 2016). Rick Cawley, a well-known figure in the industry retired from Airbus Helicopters UK this July on his 69th Birthday. He had been with the firm since 1977, when it was McAlpine Helicopters and stayed with them as they transformed into Eurocopter UK and then Airbus Helicopters UK. He became chief engineer in 1985 and six months ago was awarded their Lifetime Achievement Award.
His career in aviation started in 1965 with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
Speaking about the Eric Brown award, Mr Cawley said: “I am extremely proud and thrilled to have been nominated and to receive this award. Very many thanks.” Tim Fauchon, CEO of the British Helicopter Association said: “Rick is well known and respected throughout the industry having provided technical support for Airbus Helicopters for almost 40 years. His contribution to safety has been immense and he has always taken time to pass his wealth of knowledge onto others”. “We are delighted to be able to award him with this year’s Eric Brown Award on behalf of the Helicopter Industry in the UK. He is the first engineer to win this prestigious award”.
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Bristow CEO describes the three commandments of safety
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Sikorsky Sponsors Educational Scholarship through the MedEvac
- Waypoint Receives Innovation Award in Tianjin
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer
- USAIG Celebrates 40 Years of Providing Safety Posters to the Aviation Industry
- DRF Luftrettung appoints new Chairman
- GNAAS Looks to New Life Saving Techniques
- Safran marketing new Aneto engine to HAL
- Uber-like helicopter taxi launches in Tokyo
- Indian Government starts sale of majority of Pawan Hans
- 3rd H160 prototype joins the flight test campaign
- Air Medical Helicopters Fly with 1,000 Donaldson IBFs
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Russian Helicopters and United Helicopters sign contracts