The British Helicopter Association’s Eric Brown Award has been awarded to Rick Cawley.
The award is given to the individual considered to have made the greatest and most significant contribution to the British Helicopter Industry during the past twelve months.
It will be presented to Mr Cawley at the Association’s Annual Dinner in London this evening (November 10th 2016). Rick Cawley, a well-known figure in the industry retired from Airbus Helicopters UK this July on his 69th Birthday. He had been with the firm since 1977, when it was McAlpine Helicopters and stayed with them as they transformed into Eurocopter UK and then Airbus Helicopters UK. He became chief engineer in 1985 and six months ago was awarded their Lifetime Achievement Award.
His career in aviation started in 1965 with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
Speaking about the Eric Brown award, Mr Cawley said: “I am extremely proud and thrilled to have been nominated and to receive this award. Very many thanks.” Tim Fauchon, CEO of the British Helicopter Association said: “Rick is well known and respected throughout the industry having provided technical support for Airbus Helicopters for almost 40 years. His contribution to safety has been immense and he has always taken time to pass his wealth of knowledge onto others”. “We are delighted to be able to award him with this year’s Eric Brown Award on behalf of the Helicopter Industry in the UK. He is the first engineer to win this prestigious award”.
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- Bell and DART partner for Bell 505 emergency flotation system STC
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia
- Norway Sends out Audit on Repsol after North Sea Incident
- Helicopter Maintenance Centre between Russia and Serbia
- Fatal Indiana Crash Under Investigation
- Russian Helicopters introduce after-sales service concept for Russian rotorcraft in India
- Boston MedFlight Completes FAA Part 135 Certificate Licensure
- New Helicopter Aircrew Training System at HMAS Albatross
- Southeast Aerospace receives the FAA’s Gold Award of Excellence