The British Helicopter Association’s Eric Brown Award has been awarded to Rick Cawley.
The award is given to the individual considered to have made the greatest and most significant contribution to the British Helicopter Industry during the past twelve months.
It will be presented to Mr Cawley at the Association’s Annual Dinner in London this evening (November 10th 2016). Rick Cawley, a well-known figure in the industry retired from Airbus Helicopters UK this July on his 69th Birthday. He had been with the firm since 1977, when it was McAlpine Helicopters and stayed with them as they transformed into Eurocopter UK and then Airbus Helicopters UK. He became chief engineer in 1985 and six months ago was awarded their Lifetime Achievement Award.
His career in aviation started in 1965 with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
Speaking about the Eric Brown award, Mr Cawley said: “I am extremely proud and thrilled to have been nominated and to receive this award. Very many thanks.” Tim Fauchon, CEO of the British Helicopter Association said: “Rick is well known and respected throughout the industry having provided technical support for Airbus Helicopters for almost 40 years. His contribution to safety has been immense and he has always taken time to pass his wealth of knowledge onto others”. “We are delighted to be able to award him with this year’s Eric Brown Award on behalf of the Helicopter Industry in the UK. He is the first engineer to win this prestigious award”.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017