The British Helicopter Association’s Eric Brown Award has been awarded to Rick Cawley.
The award is given to the individual considered to have made the greatest and most significant contribution to the British Helicopter Industry during the past twelve months.
It will be presented to Mr Cawley at the Association’s Annual Dinner in London this evening (November 10th 2016). Rick Cawley, a well-known figure in the industry retired from Airbus Helicopters UK this July on his 69th Birthday. He had been with the firm since 1977, when it was McAlpine Helicopters and stayed with them as they transformed into Eurocopter UK and then Airbus Helicopters UK. He became chief engineer in 1985 and six months ago was awarded their Lifetime Achievement Award.
His career in aviation started in 1965 with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
Speaking about the Eric Brown award, Mr Cawley said: “I am extremely proud and thrilled to have been nominated and to receive this award. Very many thanks.” Tim Fauchon, CEO of the British Helicopter Association said: “Rick is well known and respected throughout the industry having provided technical support for Airbus Helicopters for almost 40 years. His contribution to safety has been immense and he has always taken time to pass his wealth of knowledge onto others”. “We are delighted to be able to award him with this year’s Eric Brown Award on behalf of the Helicopter Industry in the UK. He is the first engineer to win this prestigious award”.
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket