The newest FastFin® System from BLR Aerospace will be displayed publicly for the first time on an Airbus H125 helicopter at the 2016 Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) Convention and Trade Show, Nov. 11-13 in Edmonton, Canada. Visitors may see the system and speak with BLR representatives in the Airbus Helicopters booth 516.
BLR is accepting pre-certification orders as it awaits approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). In addition to aftermarket sales, BLR will supply FastFin to Airbus Helicopters as a factory-installed STC option on new H125s.
The H125 FastFin is visually distinct from BLR Aerospace’s flagship product for Bell mediums. Although they are based on the same aerodynamic principles, the H125 FastFin does not modify the vertical fin but is comprised of an Advanced Tailboom Aerodynamic Cowling (ATAC), a Tailboom Strake and Vortex Generators.
BLR President Mike Carpenter said pilots have been impressed by the system’s improvements to handling qualities and tail rotor pedal margin. “The system is well suited to the needs of Canadian operators who are likely to benefit from increased useful load and improved stability and control margins in high-altitude conditions.”
FastFin uses advanced airflow management to increase the effectiveness of the H125 anti-torque system. Flight tests have demonstrated significant performance improvements. With as much as a 10 percent increase in available right pedal, aircraft useful load may be increased up to 130 pounds in OGE hover for most temperature/altitude combinations. In hot and high operations, FastFin provides an increase IGE hover useful load of as much as 85 pounds. Additional benefits include a reduction in pilot workload, easier control in precision hover-hold operations and better management of the yaw axis when hovering in challenging crosswinds.
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years