The newest FastFin® System from BLR Aerospace will be displayed publicly for the first time on an Airbus H125 helicopter at the 2016 Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) Convention and Trade Show, Nov. 11-13 in Edmonton, Canada. Visitors may see the system and speak with BLR representatives in the Airbus Helicopters booth 516.
BLR is accepting pre-certification orders as it awaits approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). In addition to aftermarket sales, BLR will supply FastFin to Airbus Helicopters as a factory-installed STC option on new H125s.
The H125 FastFin is visually distinct from BLR Aerospace’s flagship product for Bell mediums. Although they are based on the same aerodynamic principles, the H125 FastFin does not modify the vertical fin but is comprised of an Advanced Tailboom Aerodynamic Cowling (ATAC), a Tailboom Strake and Vortex Generators.
BLR President Mike Carpenter said pilots have been impressed by the system’s improvements to handling qualities and tail rotor pedal margin. “The system is well suited to the needs of Canadian operators who are likely to benefit from increased useful load and improved stability and control margins in high-altitude conditions.”
FastFin uses advanced airflow management to increase the effectiveness of the H125 anti-torque system. Flight tests have demonstrated significant performance improvements. With as much as a 10 percent increase in available right pedal, aircraft useful load may be increased up to 130 pounds in OGE hover for most temperature/altitude combinations. In hot and high operations, FastFin provides an increase IGE hover useful load of as much as 85 pounds. Additional benefits include a reduction in pilot workload, easier control in precision hover-hold operations and better management of the yaw axis when hovering in challenging crosswinds.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded