Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), will display its industry-leading dry media Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) systems and an Inducer Vent Filter (IVF) at the 2016 Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) Convention and Trade Show, November 11-13, in Edmonton, Canada.
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions. Two other systems, for the AW139 and Bell 206L, are pending approval.
Protecting helicopter engine inlets from ice, snow and frost is essential to maintain safe rotorcraft operations. Tests confirm that Donaldson’s dry media filtration is superior to competitive products; Donaldson’s IBF systems, which typically require minimal installation modifications, eliminate 99 percent of foreign object damage (FOD), dirt, and other threats that reduce engine power and damage critical components.
The Bell 407/407 GX IVF complements the IBF system’s air filter efficiency, providing 100 percent inlet protection against dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants. In July, Donaldson’s dry media IBF for the Bell 407 was certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and certification of dry media IBFs is in process for a range of other platforms.
“Data shows that Donaldson dry media filtration allows measurably less debris to reach and damage critical engine components than competitive systems,” said Lars Hesbjerg, global director of sales for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “These significant dust holding and efficiency improvements could be the difference between a clean, reliable and mission-ready engine, and the need for costly, time-consuming maintenance or something much more serious.”
Donaldson’s dry media IBFs for Airbus H130 and Bell 407 helicopters will be featured at the company’s HAC 2016 EDMONTON booth 505. The Bell 407/407GX IVF will also be on display.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30