Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), will display its industry-leading dry media Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) systems and an Inducer Vent Filter (IVF) at the 2016 Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) Convention and Trade Show, November 11-13, in Edmonton, Canada.
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions. Two other systems, for the AW139 and Bell 206L, are pending approval.
Protecting helicopter engine inlets from ice, snow and frost is essential to maintain safe rotorcraft operations. Tests confirm that Donaldson’s dry media filtration is superior to competitive products; Donaldson’s IBF systems, which typically require minimal installation modifications, eliminate 99 percent of foreign object damage (FOD), dirt, and other threats that reduce engine power and damage critical components.
The Bell 407/407 GX IVF complements the IBF system’s air filter efficiency, providing 100 percent inlet protection against dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants. In July, Donaldson’s dry media IBF for the Bell 407 was certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and certification of dry media IBFs is in process for a range of other platforms.
“Data shows that Donaldson dry media filtration allows measurably less debris to reach and damage critical engine components than competitive systems,” said Lars Hesbjerg, global director of sales for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “These significant dust holding and efficiency improvements could be the difference between a clean, reliable and mission-ready engine, and the need for costly, time-consuming maintenance or something much more serious.”
Donaldson’s dry media IBFs for Airbus H130 and Bell 407 helicopters will be featured at the company’s HAC 2016 EDMONTON booth 505. The Bell 407/407GX IVF will also be on display.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded