Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), will display its industry-leading dry media Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) systems and an Inducer Vent Filter (IVF) at the 2016 Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) Convention and Trade Show, November 11-13, in Edmonton, Canada.
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions. Two other systems, for the AW139 and Bell 206L, are pending approval.
Protecting helicopter engine inlets from ice, snow and frost is essential to maintain safe rotorcraft operations. Tests confirm that Donaldson’s dry media filtration is superior to competitive products; Donaldson’s IBF systems, which typically require minimal installation modifications, eliminate 99 percent of foreign object damage (FOD), dirt, and other threats that reduce engine power and damage critical components.
The Bell 407/407 GX IVF complements the IBF system’s air filter efficiency, providing 100 percent inlet protection against dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants. In July, Donaldson’s dry media IBF for the Bell 407 was certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and certification of dry media IBFs is in process for a range of other platforms.
“Data shows that Donaldson dry media filtration allows measurably less debris to reach and damage critical engine components than competitive systems,” said Lars Hesbjerg, global director of sales for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “These significant dust holding and efficiency improvements could be the difference between a clean, reliable and mission-ready engine, and the need for costly, time-consuming maintenance or something much more serious.”
Donaldson’s dry media IBFs for Airbus H130 and Bell 407 helicopters will be featured at the company’s HAC 2016 EDMONTON booth 505. The Bell 407/407GX IVF will also be on display.
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China