Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), will display its industry-leading dry media Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) systems and an Inducer Vent Filter (IVF) at the 2016 Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) Convention and Trade Show, November 11-13, in Edmonton, Canada.
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions. Two other systems, for the AW139 and Bell 206L, are pending approval.
Protecting helicopter engine inlets from ice, snow and frost is essential to maintain safe rotorcraft operations. Tests confirm that Donaldson’s dry media filtration is superior to competitive products; Donaldson’s IBF systems, which typically require minimal installation modifications, eliminate 99 percent of foreign object damage (FOD), dirt, and other threats that reduce engine power and damage critical components.
The Bell 407/407 GX IVF complements the IBF system’s air filter efficiency, providing 100 percent inlet protection against dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants. In July, Donaldson’s dry media IBF for the Bell 407 was certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and certification of dry media IBFs is in process for a range of other platforms.
“Data shows that Donaldson dry media filtration allows measurably less debris to reach and damage critical engine components than competitive systems,” said Lars Hesbjerg, global director of sales for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “These significant dust holding and efficiency improvements could be the difference between a clean, reliable and mission-ready engine, and the need for costly, time-consuming maintenance or something much more serious.”
Donaldson’s dry media IBFs for Airbus H130 and Bell 407 helicopters will be featured at the company’s HAC 2016 EDMONTON booth 505. The Bell 407/407GX IVF will also be on display.
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years