The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend the Integrating Human Factors Analysis into Your SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, in Dallas, Texas, March 6–9.
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry.
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to attend HAI HELI-EXPO, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards dinner; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest.
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be a pilot who holds an FAA commercial helicopter rating or an international-equivalent rating. Applicants must already be working in helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
How to Apply
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Current photo
- Two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HFI Scholarship Review Committee. HFI will notify all applicants of their status by January 15, 2017. Questions? Contact [email protected].
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet