The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend the Integrating Human Factors Analysis into Your SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, in Dallas, Texas, March 6–9.
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry.
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to attend HAI HELI-EXPO, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards dinner; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest.
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be a pilot who holds an FAA commercial helicopter rating or an international-equivalent rating. Applicants must already be working in helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
How to Apply
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Current photo
- Two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HFI Scholarship Review Committee. HFI will notify all applicants of their status by January 15, 2017. Questions? Contact [email protected].
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills