The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend the Integrating Human Factors Analysis into Your SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, in Dallas, Texas, March 6–9.
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry.
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to attend HAI HELI-EXPO, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards dinner; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest.
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be a pilot who holds an FAA commercial helicopter rating or an international-equivalent rating. Applicants must already be working in helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
How to Apply
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Current photo
- Two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HFI Scholarship Review Committee. HFI will notify all applicants of their status by January 15, 2017. Questions? Contact [email protected].
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service