The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend the Integrating Human Factors Analysis into Your SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, in Dallas, Texas, March 6–9.
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry.
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to attend HAI HELI-EXPO, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards dinner; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest.
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be a pilot who holds an FAA commercial helicopter rating or an international-equivalent rating. Applicants must already be working in helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
How to Apply
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Current photo
- Two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HFI Scholarship Review Committee. HFI will notify all applicants of their status by January 15, 2017. Questions? Contact [email protected].
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations
- Uganda Wildlife Authority Has Budget for One Helicopter and One Fixed Wing
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Board Member
- New Air Ambulance Helicopter Arrives for South Wales