The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend the Integrating Human Factors Analysis into Your SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, in Dallas, Texas, March 6–9.
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry.
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to attend HAI HELI-EXPO, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards dinner; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest.
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be a pilot who holds an FAA commercial helicopter rating or an international-equivalent rating. Applicants must already be working in helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
How to Apply
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Current photo
- Two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HFI Scholarship Review Committee. HFI will notify all applicants of their status by January 15, 2017. Questions? Contact [email protected].
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin