The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend the Integrating Human Factors Analysis into Your SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, in Dallas, Texas, March 6–9.
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
- A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry.
- A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to attend HAI HELI-EXPO, including dinner for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards dinner; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest.
- A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be a pilot who holds an FAA commercial helicopter rating or an international-equivalent rating. Applicants must already be working in helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
How to Apply
In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Current photo
- Two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship winners are chosen by the HFI Scholarship Review Committee. HFI will notify all applicants of their status by January 15, 2017. Questions? Contact [email protected].
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet
- Japan Coast Guard orders three more H225s
- Bristow Group To Present At The 2017 J.P. Morgan Energy Equity Conference
- TAI Reveals the New T625 Mutli-Role
- CAMCOPTER® S-100 completes successful qualification flights for French Navy
- Foreign Pilots to follow new Malaysian Safety Measures
- Poison risk at Alaska helipad
- Conservationists oppose Alberta helipad for mountain tours
- Israeli Air Force Fleet Grounded
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS