Over 250 guests celebrated the best and brightest from the air ambulance community on Monday evening at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2016.
Awards hosts, BBC News reporter and presenter Sophie Long and Helicopter Heroes presenter Rav Wilding handed out 11 Awards to outstanding individuals and teams, whose stories were inspirational, astonishing and humbling.
Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance was represented as finalists in two categories; Paramedic of the Year (Neil Bizzell) and Air Ambulance Special Incident Award (Dr. Jeremy Reid, CCP Leonie German, CCP Paul Owen and pilot Mario Carretta) however missed out narrowly on the top prize.
Each year, a special award is presented by the current Chairman of the Association who personally selects an individual whose activities and work within the air ambulance community has been of such value that it deserves recognition.
We are delighted to announce that Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance Chief Executive Officer, Bill Sivewright was chosen to receive the 2016 Chairman’s Award by Hanna Sebright (pictured).
We are extremely proud of the whole team and a very big congratulations goes to them all.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017