Over 250 guests celebrated the best and brightest from the air ambulance community on Monday evening at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2016.
Awards hosts, BBC News reporter and presenter Sophie Long and Helicopter Heroes presenter Rav Wilding handed out 11 Awards to outstanding individuals and teams, whose stories were inspirational, astonishing and humbling.
Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance was represented as finalists in two categories; Paramedic of the Year (Neil Bizzell) and Air Ambulance Special Incident Award (Dr. Jeremy Reid, CCP Leonie German, CCP Paul Owen and pilot Mario Carretta) however missed out narrowly on the top prize.
Each year, a special award is presented by the current Chairman of the Association who personally selects an individual whose activities and work within the air ambulance community has been of such value that it deserves recognition.
We are delighted to announce that Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance Chief Executive Officer, Bill Sivewright was chosen to receive the 2016 Chairman’s Award by Hanna Sebright (pictured).
We are extremely proud of the whole team and a very big congratulations goes to them all.
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer
- USAIG Celebrates 40 Years of Providing Safety Posters to the Aviation Industry
- DRF Luftrettung appoints new Chairman
- GNAAS Looks to New Life Saving Techniques
- Safran marketing new Aneto engine to HAL
- Uber-like helicopter taxi launches in Tokyo
- Indian Government starts sale of majority of Pawan Hans
- 3rd H160 prototype joins the flight test campaign
- Air Medical Helicopters Fly with 1,000 Donaldson IBFs
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Russian Helicopters and United Helicopters sign contracts
- Lockheed Delivering Next-Generation Apache Sensor Systems
- VNH South receives award from JVPC
- OEAMTC Air Rescue and Reiser Simulation and Training sign LOI
- US Navy orders additional APKWS rocket guidance kits
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance holds topping out ceremony on new air base
- Med-Trans Director Earns AAMS Jim Charlson Safety Award