Over 250 guests celebrated the best and brightest from the air ambulance community on Monday evening at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2016.
Awards hosts, BBC News reporter and presenter Sophie Long and Helicopter Heroes presenter Rav Wilding handed out 11 Awards to outstanding individuals and teams, whose stories were inspirational, astonishing and humbling.
Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance was represented as finalists in two categories; Paramedic of the Year (Neil Bizzell) and Air Ambulance Special Incident Award (Dr. Jeremy Reid, CCP Leonie German, CCP Paul Owen and pilot Mario Carretta) however missed out narrowly on the top prize.
Each year, a special award is presented by the current Chairman of the Association who personally selects an individual whose activities and work within the air ambulance community has been of such value that it deserves recognition.
We are delighted to announce that Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance Chief Executive Officer, Bill Sivewright was chosen to receive the 2016 Chairman’s Award by Hanna Sebright (pictured).
We are extremely proud of the whole team and a very big congratulations goes to them all.
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available