Over 250 guests celebrated the best and brightest from the air ambulance community on Monday evening at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2016.
Awards hosts, BBC News reporter and presenter Sophie Long and Helicopter Heroes presenter Rav Wilding handed out 11 Awards to outstanding individuals and teams, whose stories were inspirational, astonishing and humbling.
Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance was represented as finalists in two categories; Paramedic of the Year (Neil Bizzell) and Air Ambulance Special Incident Award (Dr. Jeremy Reid, CCP Leonie German, CCP Paul Owen and pilot Mario Carretta) however missed out narrowly on the top prize.
Each year, a special award is presented by the current Chairman of the Association who personally selects an individual whose activities and work within the air ambulance community has been of such value that it deserves recognition.
We are delighted to announce that Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance Chief Executive Officer, Bill Sivewright was chosen to receive the 2016 Chairman’s Award by Hanna Sebright (pictured).
We are extremely proud of the whole team and a very big congratulations goes to them all.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills