Great North Air Ambulance, which operates three AS365 Dauphin Helicopters in the northern-most counties of England was last week the recipient of £1 Million. GNAA was one of eleven air ambulance charities which received similar donations from a Government fund levied on banks for manipulating the LIBOR (London Inter-Bank Offered Rate).
In a statement attributed to its Chief Executive Grahame Pickering, GNAA stated “We had applied for £1.9m funding through the Treasury…. The £1m we have been allocated is a welcome boost towards this project, though the £900k shortfall leaves us with some work to do to reach our target. It’s a shame that the decision leaves something of a question mark over a project which will ultimately save lives and ease suffering of patients, young and old”.
To put this in perspective, the charity’s most recent annual accounts show they had £4.484 million in the bank, and the highest-paid employee earned over £120,000 for at least the second year running.
Let’s hope the other recipients of these banking fine grants sound more grateful!
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion