Great North Air Ambulance, which operates three AS365 Dauphin Helicopters in the northern-most counties of England was last week the recipient of £1 Million. GNAA was one of eleven air ambulance charities which received similar donations from a Government fund levied on banks for manipulating the LIBOR (London Inter-Bank Offered Rate).
In a statement attributed to its Chief Executive Grahame Pickering, GNAA stated “We had applied for £1.9m funding through the Treasury…. The £1m we have been allocated is a welcome boost towards this project, though the £900k shortfall leaves us with some work to do to reach our target. It’s a shame that the decision leaves something of a question mark over a project which will ultimately save lives and ease suffering of patients, young and old”.
To put this in perspective, the charity’s most recent annual accounts show they had £4.484 million in the bank, and the highest-paid employee earned over £120,000 for at least the second year running.
Let’s hope the other recipients of these banking fine grants sound more grateful!
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease