Colombia’s civil aviation authority Unidad Administrativa Especial de Aeronáutica Civil (UAEAC) has approved the Offshore and Utility Type Certificate for Sikorsky’s S-76C™ series (C, C+, C++), S-76D™ and S-92A® helicopters. The certificate enables Colombia’s commercial aviation operators to add the multi-role helicopters for transportation of workers or cargo to offshore oil and gas rigs, as well as regional airline passenger service, and VIP transportation.
“The approval by UAEAC authorizing transportation companies across Colombia to operate the S-76D and S-76C medium helicopters and heavy lift S-92 in Colombia is an exciting development,” said Dana Fiatarone, vice president, Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services. “These multi-role aircraft will provide profitable, high reliability flight operations to local operators.”
“Colombians know the robustness, reliability and industry leading safety record of Sikorsky products thanks to the history of Black Hawks in Colombia, where more than 100 have operated for over 20 years,” said Adam Schierholz, Sikorsky Regional Executive for Latin America. “As Colombia moves to a peacetime footing, with infrastructure development and oil exploration as priorities, it is a natural progression to have Sikorsky commercial products introduced to the country.”
In Colombia, Sikorsky maintains training and support facilities in Melgar that employ more than 40 Colombian national employees. These facilities operate as Sikorsky’s regional hub for support in Latin America.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979. More than four million of the fleet’s nearly seven million total flight hours have been flown in support of offshore oil transportation, and the aircraft boasts low operating costs and an accident rate that is half that of the industry’s average.
Sikorsky has delivered nearly 300 S-92 helicopters since 2004. With a best-in-class safety record, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation. These helicopters perform search and rescue missions, head of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries