Stirling Dynamics, leaders in active control technology, is pleased to announce its continued support of SGB Enterprises, experts in flight simulators and procedural training systems, with a new contract to supply active controls for their UH-60 and CH-47 helicopter simulators. This contract builds upon a long term relationship involving joint development of the equipment.
SGB will provide its proven Cockpit Avionics Procedural Tool with visual and flight control systems (CAPTE-VCS) – a highly effective and accurate training tool for start-up, shutdown, on-ground and in-air emergency procedures. Stirling will be responsible for supplying seven cockpit control sets and spares. Each set includes both pilot and co-pilot controls which include active cyclics, collectives and pedals. Under this new contract, which is in excess of $1m, Stirling will export the simulator sets to SGB in six shipments throughout 2017.
SGB and Stirling have been working together since 2014 when they collaborated to develop the first UH-60M CAPTE-VCS system which was showcased at the I/ITSEC 2014 trade show.
“Stirling is extremely pleased to extend our partnership with SGB and to see their training systems encompass an increasing range of platforms and reaching an ever wider user community,” said Gareth Vaughan, Stirling’s Aerospace and Marine Systems (AMS) Business Manager. “The SGB CAPTE-VCS product is proving to be an excellent training platform and we are proud to support the flagship model with our active simulator flight control technology.”
The award of this contract is further proof that Stirling’s active controls are at the forefront of simulator technology.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad