Stirling Dynamics, leaders in active control technology, is pleased to announce its continued support of SGB Enterprises, experts in flight simulators and procedural training systems, with a new contract to supply active controls for their UH-60 and CH-47 helicopter simulators. This contract builds upon a long term relationship involving joint development of the equipment.
SGB will provide its proven Cockpit Avionics Procedural Tool with visual and flight control systems (CAPTE-VCS) – a highly effective and accurate training tool for start-up, shutdown, on-ground and in-air emergency procedures. Stirling will be responsible for supplying seven cockpit control sets and spares. Each set includes both pilot and co-pilot controls which include active cyclics, collectives and pedals. Under this new contract, which is in excess of $1m, Stirling will export the simulator sets to SGB in six shipments throughout 2017.
SGB and Stirling have been working together since 2014 when they collaborated to develop the first UH-60M CAPTE-VCS system which was showcased at the I/ITSEC 2014 trade show.
“Stirling is extremely pleased to extend our partnership with SGB and to see their training systems encompass an increasing range of platforms and reaching an ever wider user community,” said Gareth Vaughan, Stirling’s Aerospace and Marine Systems (AMS) Business Manager. “The SGB CAPTE-VCS product is proving to be an excellent training platform and we are proud to support the flagship model with our active simulator flight control technology.”
The award of this contract is further proof that Stirling’s active controls are at the forefront of simulator technology.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner