PAC International delivered a refurbished Airbus EC145 to Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program. The aircraft interior components were completely refurbished to include reconditioning of the Metro EMS interior, ADS-B and WAAS upgrades, and an update with Allegheny Health Network’s corporate branding.
“The installation and painting of the aircraft from PAC was delivered on schedule, and we are extremely pleased with the work performance and the attention to detail,” said Jim Palafoutas, Director of LifeFlight. “The workmanship is quite apparent when you see these helicopters.”
The aircraft was also updated with the Outerlink IRIS flight tracking, monitoring and communication system. “This upgrade will allow tighter tracking of the aircraft and operational oversight by Metro’s Operational Control Center,” said Palafoutas.
LifeFlight is an operations customer of Metro Aviation, PAC’s parent company, and provides regional emergency helicopter and critical care ground transportation services for critically ill and injured patients who need immediate specialized care.
Since the late 1970’s, LifeFlight has completed more than 70,000 missions working side-by-side with EMS providers and community hospitals in a four-state area.
“For more than 25 years, we have customized and completed hundreds of helicopters, and put great emphasis on working with our customers to deliver the custom configuration they need and want,” said PAC Director of Administration Dayna Cortazzo. “With safety and FAA certification as our primary guide, we strive to provide the desired equipment and configuration that these teams require in their commitment to saving lives, and we are proud to partner with LifeFlight and their team.”
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023