PAC International delivered a refurbished Airbus EC145 to Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program. The aircraft interior components were completely refurbished to include reconditioning of the Metro EMS interior, ADS-B and WAAS upgrades, and an update with Allegheny Health Network’s corporate branding.
“The installation and painting of the aircraft from PAC was delivered on schedule, and we are extremely pleased with the work performance and the attention to detail,” said Jim Palafoutas, Director of LifeFlight. “The workmanship is quite apparent when you see these helicopters.”
The aircraft was also updated with the Outerlink IRIS flight tracking, monitoring and communication system. “This upgrade will allow tighter tracking of the aircraft and operational oversight by Metro’s Operational Control Center,” said Palafoutas.
LifeFlight is an operations customer of Metro Aviation, PAC’s parent company, and provides regional emergency helicopter and critical care ground transportation services for critically ill and injured patients who need immediate specialized care.
Since the late 1970’s, LifeFlight has completed more than 70,000 missions working side-by-side with EMS providers and community hospitals in a four-state area.
“For more than 25 years, we have customized and completed hundreds of helicopters, and put great emphasis on working with our customers to deliver the custom configuration they need and want,” said PAC Director of Administration Dayna Cortazzo. “With safety and FAA certification as our primary guide, we strive to provide the desired equipment and configuration that these teams require in their commitment to saving lives, and we are proud to partner with LifeFlight and their team.”
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded