Helicentre Aviation Academy has taken delivery of its sixth brand new Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter.
The aircraft, which is painted in the company’s silver-grey colours, was collected from Helicoptérès Guimbal in Marseille.
It was flown back to the UK by one of the company’s pilots, together with a private pilot who is working towards a combined CPL(H) and BSc (Hons) degree delivered jointly by Helicentre Aviation and Middlesex University.
The Academy’s fleet of exclusively owned and operated Cabri G2 helicopters has grown rapidly this year with the production and delivery of four airframes in 2016 alone, one of which was shipped to Kissimmee Airport in Orlando, Florida, the company’s fair weather base for UK private pilots building hours between private and commercial licences.
The new aircraft, registered G-TOOO, will be operated from the Midlands-based facility and will be used predominantly for training Commercial Pilots and Flight Instructors. Since the company began operating Cabri G2’s, the hours flown have reached almost 9,000 on type. The latest fleet addition will help meet growing demand for the company’s approved courses.
Helicentre Aviation is renowned for creating innovative opportunities for trainee pilots and newly qualified Commercial Pilots and Flight Instructors. Besides the £1.8m (GBP) investment into its large, modern Cabri G2 fleet, the company has also put more than £300k (GBP) into fully funded professional pilot training scholarships.
These have helped several private pilots step onto the career ladder and get into full time instructional and utility roles within the company and industry.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin