Helicentre Aviation Academy has taken delivery of its sixth brand new Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter.
The aircraft, which is painted in the company’s silver-grey colours, was collected from Helicoptérès Guimbal in Marseille.
It was flown back to the UK by one of the company’s pilots, together with a private pilot who is working towards a combined CPL(H) and BSc (Hons) degree delivered jointly by Helicentre Aviation and Middlesex University.
The Academy’s fleet of exclusively owned and operated Cabri G2 helicopters has grown rapidly this year with the production and delivery of four airframes in 2016 alone, one of which was shipped to Kissimmee Airport in Orlando, Florida, the company’s fair weather base for UK private pilots building hours between private and commercial licences.
The new aircraft, registered G-TOOO, will be operated from the Midlands-based facility and will be used predominantly for training Commercial Pilots and Flight Instructors. Since the company began operating Cabri G2’s, the hours flown have reached almost 9,000 on type. The latest fleet addition will help meet growing demand for the company’s approved courses.
Helicentre Aviation is renowned for creating innovative opportunities for trainee pilots and newly qualified Commercial Pilots and Flight Instructors. Besides the £1.8m (GBP) investment into its large, modern Cabri G2 fleet, the company has also put more than £300k (GBP) into fully funded professional pilot training scholarships.
These have helped several private pilots step onto the career ladder and get into full time instructional and utility roles within the company and industry.
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Voted #1 for 18th Consecutive Year
- ITWL Poland and Thales to integrate rocket launchers onto Mi-24
- Avinco revealed as an Airbus group company
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana