Helicentre Aviation Academy has taken delivery of its sixth brand new Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter.
The aircraft, which is painted in the company’s silver-grey colours, was collected from Helicoptérès Guimbal in Marseille.
It was flown back to the UK by one of the company’s pilots, together with a private pilot who is working towards a combined CPL(H) and BSc (Hons) degree delivered jointly by Helicentre Aviation and Middlesex University.
The Academy’s fleet of exclusively owned and operated Cabri G2 helicopters has grown rapidly this year with the production and delivery of four airframes in 2016 alone, one of which was shipped to Kissimmee Airport in Orlando, Florida, the company’s fair weather base for UK private pilots building hours between private and commercial licences.
The new aircraft, registered G-TOOO, will be operated from the Midlands-based facility and will be used predominantly for training Commercial Pilots and Flight Instructors. Since the company began operating Cabri G2’s, the hours flown have reached almost 9,000 on type. The latest fleet addition will help meet growing demand for the company’s approved courses.
Helicentre Aviation is renowned for creating innovative opportunities for trainee pilots and newly qualified Commercial Pilots and Flight Instructors. Besides the £1.8m (GBP) investment into its large, modern Cabri G2 fleet, the company has also put more than £300k (GBP) into fully funded professional pilot training scholarships.
These have helped several private pilots step onto the career ladder and get into full time instructional and utility roles within the company and industry.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case