The Unmanned Safety Institute, a professional organization dedicated to the safe and responsible integration of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) into the U.S. National Airspace System, provided a one-day workshop training on October 28, 2016, at the Town of Warrenton Police Department Headquarters located in Warrenton, Virginia. The purpose of this educational workshop was to train law enforcement officers on proper techniques for responding to unauthorized or unlawful UAS flight operations.
The workshop, “Responding to UAS Intrusions” covered a variety of topics related to the UAS and its components, threats posed by UAS to critical infrastructure, types of UAS users, response protocols and best practices, and federal and state legal enforcement authorities. During this training, Town of Warrenton Police Officers, members of the Fauquier Sheriff’s Office, and the Town of Remington Police Department had the chance to get information from our Master Instructor Leonardo Garcia on the latest developments regarding the newly implemented FAA 14 CFR Part 107 rule, sUAS applications and possible threats to our national security. During the workshop each officer received a copy of our current version of the Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) with all information pertaining to UAS Events and LE Response for their use in the field. The Unmanned Safety Institute is honored to continue working with local, state and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies on developing and providing specialized training and support regarding UAS events, Law Enforcement response, Safety and Legal Aspects.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%