Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a 10-year contract with NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency), to support RTM322-powered NH90 operated by the French Army Light Aviation (ALAT) and French Navy. This contract also covers the NH90 operated by Belgian Army and Navy and the Royal Netherlands Armed Forces. This contract will cover 130 rotorcraft in coming years for a turnover of 180 Million Euros. It is first Safran’s Global Support Package (GSP) contract signed to support NH90 fleet.
This agreement satisfies the NAHEMA and Nations requirement for optimum availability of engines during their search and rescue and military operations, both at home or while on deployment.
The GSP guarantees turboshaft availability at a fixed price per engine flying hour, and enables military operators to focus on their core activities. This close technical partnership with the OEM provides the customer with full budget control during the contract period.
Fortunato di Marzio, NAHEMA General Manager, said: “This GSP will allow the French, the Belgian and the Dutch NH90 operators to benefit from a very effective engine-support for their RTM322 engines, especially during their operational tasks. The contract is the result of a very good and fruitful partnership between NAHEMA and Safran Helicopter Engines”.
Franck Saudo, Safran Helicopter Engines Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “This contract marks a major new milestone in our partnership with NAHEMA and French, Belgium and Dutch armed forces. We will deliver world-class services to guarantee their engine availability; thus demonstrating that the GSP model is particularly well-suited to supporting the engine fleets of modern air forces”.
- Avinco revealed as an Airbus group company
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s