Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a 10-year contract with NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency), to support RTM322-powered NH90 operated by the French Army Light Aviation (ALAT) and French Navy. This contract also covers the NH90 operated by Belgian Army and Navy and the Royal Netherlands Armed Forces. This contract will cover 130 rotorcraft in coming years for a turnover of 180 Million Euros. It is first Safran’s Global Support Package (GSP) contract signed to support NH90 fleet.
This agreement satisfies the NAHEMA and Nations requirement for optimum availability of engines during their search and rescue and military operations, both at home or while on deployment.
The GSP guarantees turboshaft availability at a fixed price per engine flying hour, and enables military operators to focus on their core activities. This close technical partnership with the OEM provides the customer with full budget control during the contract period.
Fortunato di Marzio, NAHEMA General Manager, said: “This GSP will allow the French, the Belgian and the Dutch NH90 operators to benefit from a very effective engine-support for their RTM322 engines, especially during their operational tasks. The contract is the result of a very good and fruitful partnership between NAHEMA and Safran Helicopter Engines”.
Franck Saudo, Safran Helicopter Engines Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “This contract marks a major new milestone in our partnership with NAHEMA and French, Belgium and Dutch armed forces. We will deliver world-class services to guarantee their engine availability; thus demonstrating that the GSP model is particularly well-suited to supporting the engine fleets of modern air forces”.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations
- Uganda Wildlife Authority Has Budget for One Helicopter and One Fixed Wing
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Board Member
- New Air Ambulance Helicopter Arrives for South Wales
- Cornwall Air Ambulance celebrating 30 years of saving lives
- American Securities Completes Acquisition of Air Methods
- East Anglian Air Ambulance sells Ferrari for £530,000
- Airbus congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for 10 Years of EMS Ops
- Negotiations for Stat MedEvac Housing at Clearfield-Lawrence Airport
- Sanford AirMed Stationed at Fargo Hospital
- Tender Issued for EMS Helicopter to Support Baltic Wind Farms
- CoxHealth adds refurbished MD Explorer
- East Anglian Air Ambulance says goodbye to one of its founding members
- Frasca Sells H125 Flight Simulator to Aero Asahi
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- FAA to Hold Airspace Workshops in Las Vegas
- DART Aerospace to exhibit at FAMEX 2017
- Heritage Aviation expands its fleet with two new Airbus H130 helicopters
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release