Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a 10-year contract with NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency), to support RTM322-powered NH90 operated by the French Army Light Aviation (ALAT) and French Navy. This contract also covers the NH90 operated by Belgian Army and Navy and the Royal Netherlands Armed Forces. This contract will cover 130 rotorcraft in coming years for a turnover of 180 Million Euros. It is first Safran’s Global Support Package (GSP) contract signed to support NH90 fleet.
This agreement satisfies the NAHEMA and Nations requirement for optimum availability of engines during their search and rescue and military operations, both at home or while on deployment.
The GSP guarantees turboshaft availability at a fixed price per engine flying hour, and enables military operators to focus on their core activities. This close technical partnership with the OEM provides the customer with full budget control during the contract period.
Fortunato di Marzio, NAHEMA General Manager, said: “This GSP will allow the French, the Belgian and the Dutch NH90 operators to benefit from a very effective engine-support for their RTM322 engines, especially during their operational tasks. The contract is the result of a very good and fruitful partnership between NAHEMA and Safran Helicopter Engines”.
Franck Saudo, Safran Helicopter Engines Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “This contract marks a major new milestone in our partnership with NAHEMA and French, Belgium and Dutch armed forces. We will deliver world-class services to guarantee their engine availability; thus demonstrating that the GSP model is particularly well-suited to supporting the engine fleets of modern air forces”.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case