CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero®”) (NYSE MKT: CVU) today announced that Carey E. Bond, former corporate president at Sikorsky Aircraft, a Lockheed Martin Company, has been appointed to the company’s board of directors, effective immediately. Mr. Bond brings more than three decades of experience in corporate development, strategic planning and international business development in complex aviation organizations. Mr. Bond’s appointment expands the board to eight directors.
“A strategist with a strong operations background, Carey adds vast industry knowledge and business acumen that complements our board’s expertise and experience,” said Eric Rosenfeld, Chairman of CPI Aero. “I am thrilled to welcome him to the board and I look forward to working with him.”
Mr. Bond’s career spans over 30 years in the aviation industry, spending 10 years at Sikorsky Aircraft until his retirement in 2015. During his tenure at Sikorsky, he served in various capacities, most recently as President of the Commercial Systems & Services division. Mr. Bond also served as Chief Marketing Officer for Sikorsky from 2008 to 2010 and as Vice President of Corporate Strategy from 2005 to 2008. He has previously served on the boards of privately-held PZL Mielec Aircraft Company, Shanghai Sikorsky Aircraft Company and New Eclipse Aerospace. Mr. Bond received a Master of Business Administration from Texas Christian University.
The company also announced that Kenneth McSweeney, a director since 1998, plans to retire at the end of his term at the company’s next annual meeting. At that time, the number of directors will return to seven.
Mr. Rosenfeld added, “Ken has been a valuable member of the board for more than 18 years and the board and I are thankful and appreciative of the role he has played in the company’s growth and success.
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident