Honeywell (NYSE: HON) and Truth Data, a cloud-based flight data monitoring company, are helping helicopter operators improve the safety, performance and efficiency of their helicopters through the use of data. A recently signed memorandum of understanding allows Truth Data to sell Honeywell’s Sky Connect Tracker III system for improved helicopter communications and tracking, and for Honeywell to provide Truth Data services to operators looking to leverage the information produced by their helicopters for smarter, safer operations.
Honeywell provides a broad range of helicopter products including propulsion, avionics and communication systems. These crucial components, along with other key helicopter systems, can now be monitored by Truth Data to provide a comprehensive view of the performance and health of a helicopter.
Previously, systems like this were limited to very large operators that used customized, self-designed data monitoring methods, but with Truth Data’s cloud-based model for data monitoring and analysis along with the ability to pull data from multiple areas of an aircraft, including from Honeywell equipment, access to flight data monitoring, health usage monitoring, and flight operation and quality assurance is more accessible to smaller operators.
The adoption of these data monitoring services also assists many helicopters in meeting key mandates and industry standards for operating in fields like emergency medical services and oil and gas, specifically for the Federal Aviation Administration. Operators in these demanding industries benefit from data monitoring that makes risk and safety assessment a proactive exercise that keeps pilots and their aircraft safe.
Data is more accessible than ever, and Honeywell has created a range of products and services to make the most of these new streams of data, including Sky Connect Tracker III for satellite-based voice, tracking and flight data monitoring, Aspire 200 for communications and high-bandwidth data transmission, vibration monitoring and health and usage monitoring system data analysis, and trend monitoring for engines and auxiliary power units. The recent memorandum of understanding between Honeywell and Truth Data helps the companies work with operators to turn a wealth of information into actionable insights for safer, more efficient aircraft.
- Sikorsky considers local Black Hawk if it wins Romanian order
- Las Vegas Police show new H145 to local press
- Taiwan Coast Guard requests budget for 30 drones
- Blue Sky Network Confirms Commitment to Brazil
- Thommen and Blue Wolf announce dealership agreement
- UK Perspective on Military Helicopter Flight Training will be delivered by St Andrew’s Aviation
- Oceania Aviation acquires Helicare Maintenance
- Lockheed Martin completes testing of Radar Warning Receiver for USAF CRH program
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital’s new helipad receives first air ambulance
- Russia certifies Mil Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters concludes training of foreign technical personnel
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- CAMTS EU Accreditation Standards Comment Period Open
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments