Heli Charter, based at Manston UK, have recently relinquished the title of Customer Service Facility for Bell Helicopter. While we are not clear what prompted this move, or which party instigated the change, Bell have confirmed to HeliHub.com that “While Heli Charter is no longer a Bell authorized customer service facility, we continue to maintain a strong relationship with them as a Bell Helicopter Independent Representative to provide assistance in other areas of the business”.
There is no implication at this time of any change in the helicopter sales relationship, as noted by Bell above, a role they were appointed to in July 2012. Since Heli Charter have been the manufacturer’s Independent Representative in the UK, they have imported five 429s and three 407s. Gary Slater of Heli Charter claims a backlog of over 30 Bell 505s for the UK.
Bell has a network of more than 100 Authorized Customer Service Facilities in 34 countries. Heliwork Services at Thruxton is now the only UK-based Bell CSF helicopter maintenance facility, while Rotor Blades Ltd provides rotor blade maintenance under the Bell CSF banner.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd