Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc. (“Bluedrop”) (TSX-V: BPL) through its subsidiary Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc.,has received a contract of over $5.5M from KF Aerospace Defence Programs, operators of the Canadian Forces flight training program in Southport, Manitoba, to deliver a new Bell 206 Level 7 Flight Training Device (FTD) for the Contracted Flying Training and Support (CFTS) Program.
This new Level 7 FTD will provide the helicopter pilots with the most up to date flight training simulator available, equipped with a 220 deg. field of view visual system and 6-DOF cueing and vibration systems. The simulator will be installed at the CFTS Training Centre as part of the flight training program led by KF Aerospace Defence Programs and supported by Bluedrop Training & Simulation, Canadian Helicopters (HNZ) Ltd., and Canadian Base Operators. Located in Southport, Manitoba, the CFTS program has a majority role in training 80% of new pilots in the RCAF every year.
“We are very pleased to be a trusted member of the CFTS Program supplying, integrating and supporting state-of-the-art training devices for the air force” said Jean-Claude Siew, Vice President of Technology & Simulation, Bluedrop Training & Simulation. “This project underlines our extensive capabilities as a complete training systems integrator.”
This new project is part of a larger scope of work that sees KF Aerospace Defence Programs and Bluedrop providing the Royal Canadian Air Force`s Primary, Rotary Wing and Multi-engine Pilot training until 2027.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away