Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc. (“Bluedrop”) (TSX-V: BPL) through its subsidiary Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc.,has received a contract of over $5.5M from KF Aerospace Defence Programs, operators of the Canadian Forces flight training program in Southport, Manitoba, to deliver a new Bell 206 Level 7 Flight Training Device (FTD) for the Contracted Flying Training and Support (CFTS) Program.
This new Level 7 FTD will provide the helicopter pilots with the most up to date flight training simulator available, equipped with a 220 deg. field of view visual system and 6-DOF cueing and vibration systems. The simulator will be installed at the CFTS Training Centre as part of the flight training program led by KF Aerospace Defence Programs and supported by Bluedrop Training & Simulation, Canadian Helicopters (HNZ) Ltd., and Canadian Base Operators. Located in Southport, Manitoba, the CFTS program has a majority role in training 80% of new pilots in the RCAF every year.
“We are very pleased to be a trusted member of the CFTS Program supplying, integrating and supporting state-of-the-art training devices for the air force” said Jean-Claude Siew, Vice President of Technology & Simulation, Bluedrop Training & Simulation. “This project underlines our extensive capabilities as a complete training systems integrator.”
This new project is part of a larger scope of work that sees KF Aerospace Defence Programs and Bluedrop providing the Royal Canadian Air Force`s Primary, Rotary Wing and Multi-engine Pilot training until 2027.
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations
- Uganda Wildlife Authority Has Budget for One Helicopter and One Fixed Wing
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Board Member
- New Air Ambulance Helicopter Arrives for South Wales