East Prawle will have a helipad for the Devon Air Ambulance (DAA) to use thanks to the HELP appeal and local fundraising.
The Appeal donated £5,600 towards the East Prawle site, contributing to the £8,000 raised by the local community.
This donation means that more of the money raised by the Prowl Fair, private donations and Chivelstone Parish Council can by used for community services, such as local charities, community bus routes and events for the elderly.
Sean Jeffer, chair of Chivelstone Parish Council, said: “The helicopter night-landing site is of great important to the parish of Chivelstone and will help locals and tourists alike receive urgent medical treatment, especially at night.
“The generous donation from the HELP Appeal has allowed us to reallocate funds raised back to the local community and charities.”
There are currently 23 fully operational landing sites up and running, with more than 100 further night-landing sites in development.
DAA has been awarded a grant of £1m from Libor Banking Fund, which puts the charity in a position to offer grants to help towards the cost of installing floodlighting.
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available