East Prawle will have a helipad for the Devon Air Ambulance (DAA) to use thanks to the HELP appeal and local fundraising.
The Appeal donated £5,600 towards the East Prawle site, contributing to the £8,000 raised by the local community.
This donation means that more of the money raised by the Prowl Fair, private donations and Chivelstone Parish Council can by used for community services, such as local charities, community bus routes and events for the elderly.
Sean Jeffer, chair of Chivelstone Parish Council, said: “The helicopter night-landing site is of great important to the parish of Chivelstone and will help locals and tourists alike receive urgent medical treatment, especially at night.
“The generous donation from the HELP Appeal has allowed us to reallocate funds raised back to the local community and charities.”
There are currently 23 fully operational landing sites up and running, with more than 100 further night-landing sites in development.
DAA has been awarded a grant of £1m from Libor Banking Fund, which puts the charity in a position to offer grants to help towards the cost of installing floodlighting.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations