East Prawle will have a helipad for the Devon Air Ambulance (DAA) to use thanks to the HELP appeal and local fundraising.
The Appeal donated £5,600 towards the East Prawle site, contributing to the £8,000 raised by the local community.
This donation means that more of the money raised by the Prowl Fair, private donations and Chivelstone Parish Council can by used for community services, such as local charities, community bus routes and events for the elderly.
Sean Jeffer, chair of Chivelstone Parish Council, said: “The helicopter night-landing site is of great important to the parish of Chivelstone and will help locals and tourists alike receive urgent medical treatment, especially at night.
“The generous donation from the HELP Appeal has allowed us to reallocate funds raised back to the local community and charities.”
There are currently 23 fully operational landing sites up and running, with more than 100 further night-landing sites in development.
DAA has been awarded a grant of £1m from Libor Banking Fund, which puts the charity in a position to offer grants to help towards the cost of installing floodlighting.
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- Bell and DART partner for Bell 505 emergency flotation system STC
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia
- Norway Sends out Audit on Repsol after North Sea Incident
- Helicopter Maintenance Centre between Russia and Serbia
- Fatal Indiana Crash Under Investigation
- Russian Helicopters introduce after-sales service concept for Russian rotorcraft in India
- Boston MedFlight Completes FAA Part 135 Certificate Licensure
- New Helicopter Aircrew Training System at HMAS Albatross
- Southeast Aerospace receives the FAA’s Gold Award of Excellence