Swiss Rotor Solutions proudly announces that the MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT, the next generation aerial work safety and visibility solution for the Airbus H125 / AS350 helicopter family, has received Supplemental Type Certification (STC No. 10060578) from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
The MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT (MPVK) revolutionizes pilot visibility and operational safety via a completely new design, providing the pilot with an uninhibited field of view below and to the RH side of the aircraft. The modification adds a new single piece bubble door to the aircraft, offering a significant increase in lateral visibility, and pilot headroom when leaning to the right, even when wearing a helmet. A large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing significantly increases the vertical field of view forward, aft and directly underneath the aircraft by a factor of ten, compared to existing solutions. The MPVK dramatically improves the capability and safety to perform demanding operations such as sling loading, fire-fighting, SAR/EMS, confined area operations, aerial survey, seismic, law enforcement and any other tasks performed in close proximity to terrain, obstacles and ground crews or when operating at remote landing sites.
The STC was obtained with the support of, and through working closely with our EASA 21J certification partner, GVH Aerospace, who will also support serial installations and continued airworthiness. Designed specifically for the H125/AS350 helicopter, the kit comprises two main pieces, with the new door accompanied by the lower vertical window assembly and associated floor and fuselage insert/frame. The MPVK can be installed by any EASA Part 145 with Small Rotorcraft H125/AS350 authorization with Base maintenance capability.
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’
- Kopter Group appoints VP of Business Development for US market
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- HFI Silent Auction Opens Today
- Production of T408 engine begins for CH-53K
- London Air Ambulance appoints new director
- Liebherr contracting for Airbus H160 heating valves
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo