Swiss Rotor Solutions proudly announces that the MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT, the next generation aerial work safety and visibility solution for the Airbus H125 / AS350 helicopter family, has received Supplemental Type Certification (STC No. 10060578) from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
The MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT (MPVK) revolutionizes pilot visibility and operational safety via a completely new design, providing the pilot with an uninhibited field of view below and to the RH side of the aircraft. The modification adds a new single piece bubble door to the aircraft, offering a significant increase in lateral visibility, and pilot headroom when leaning to the right, even when wearing a helmet. A large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing significantly increases the vertical field of view forward, aft and directly underneath the aircraft by a factor of ten, compared to existing solutions. The MPVK dramatically improves the capability and safety to perform demanding operations such as sling loading, fire-fighting, SAR/EMS, confined area operations, aerial survey, seismic, law enforcement and any other tasks performed in close proximity to terrain, obstacles and ground crews or when operating at remote landing sites.
The STC was obtained with the support of, and through working closely with our EASA 21J certification partner, GVH Aerospace, who will also support serial installations and continued airworthiness. Designed specifically for the H125/AS350 helicopter, the kit comprises two main pieces, with the new door accompanied by the lower vertical window assembly and associated floor and fuselage insert/frame. The MPVK can be installed by any EASA Part 145 with Small Rotorcraft H125/AS350 authorization with Base maintenance capability.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away