Swiss Rotor Solutions proudly announces that the MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT, the next generation aerial work safety and visibility solution for the Airbus H125 / AS350 helicopter family, has received Supplemental Type Certification (STC No. 10060578) from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
The MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT (MPVK) revolutionizes pilot visibility and operational safety via a completely new design, providing the pilot with an uninhibited field of view below and to the RH side of the aircraft. The modification adds a new single piece bubble door to the aircraft, offering a significant increase in lateral visibility, and pilot headroom when leaning to the right, even when wearing a helmet. A large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing significantly increases the vertical field of view forward, aft and directly underneath the aircraft by a factor of ten, compared to existing solutions. The MPVK dramatically improves the capability and safety to perform demanding operations such as sling loading, fire-fighting, SAR/EMS, confined area operations, aerial survey, seismic, law enforcement and any other tasks performed in close proximity to terrain, obstacles and ground crews or when operating at remote landing sites.
The STC was obtained with the support of, and through working closely with our EASA 21J certification partner, GVH Aerospace, who will also support serial installations and continued airworthiness. Designed specifically for the H125/AS350 helicopter, the kit comprises two main pieces, with the new door accompanied by the lower vertical window assembly and associated floor and fuselage insert/frame. The MPVK can be installed by any EASA Part 145 with Small Rotorcraft H125/AS350 authorization with Base maintenance capability.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services