On December 23, 2016 R66 S/N 0763 became the 12,000th helicopter to roll off Robinson Helicopter’s production line. “A nice way to end the year,” said Robinson President, Kurt Robinson.
S/N 0763 will be delivered to Hover Dynamics, one of three long-time Robinson dealers in South Africa. The helicopter was purchased by a new charter and tour operator, Fly Karoo Air Services, operating in the area of Graaff-Reinet. According to Dean Feldman of Hover Dynamics, Fly Karoo chose the R66 because of its powerful turbine engine, quieter cabin, spacious baggage compartment, and low operating costs.
Robinson’s first two-place R22 was produced and delivered in 1979, the first four-place R44 in 1993 and the first five-place R66 in 2010. Robinson also offers a multitude of variants including the recently introduced R44 Cadet, a two-place helicopter specially configured for training.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information, visit www.robinsonheli.com
- DART Aerospace first to release R66 basket
- Rolls-Royce expands RR300 engine support for Robinson R66 helicopters
- FAA approves Donaldson IBF for R66
- FAA Issues Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Managements
- First Robinson R66 arrives in Thailand
- Robinson’s R66 Turbine Marine Receives EASA Approval
- New Zealand puts Robinson helicopters on safety Watchlist
- Duties Lifted For Light Helicopters in Eurasian Economic Union
- New Garmin transponders approved for Robinson range
- Valair sells tenth R66 into Swiss market
- FAA approves Garmin Mode S transponders in R22, R44 and R66
- Brazil approves Onboard Systems R66 Cargo Hook
- Magellan Aerospace launches R66 Wire Strike Protection System
- FAA approves R66 aux tank
- Guidance Aviation successfully using R66 for charter and lifting
- Court dismisses Quantum Leasing R66 case against Robinson
- Robinson production 5% up in 2015 over 2014
- All Metal MS launches Robinson maintenance stand
- UK – Aeromega adds R66 to fleet
- Milestone 700th R66 rolls off the production line