The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Ithaca Energy UK Ltd (Ithaca) to provide helicopter services in support of their upcoming drilling project at the Harrier Well in Block 30/6. The operations are expected to start Q2 2017. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Aberdeen to the harrier well, which is approximately 150nm from Aberdeen.
NHV will support this project utilizing the state-of-the-art H175 aircraft, an Airbus Helicopter’s Super Medium type. The H175 is specifically designed to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry. Being the launching operator for this aircraft type, NHV’s H175s have accumulated extensive experience in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ghana and Denmark since 2014. NHV Group ultimately will increase its fleet to 16 of these new-generation helicopters.
NHV started operating out of Aberdeen at the beginning of 2016 and announced the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities last October. A third H175 helicopter will now be allocated to the Aberdeen base, allowing NHV to deliver a service which is tailored to the new customer’s requirements.
NHV’s base manager Jamie John commented: “The award of this contract and working with a new partner strengthens NHV’s presence in Aberdeen. We look forward to the beginning of what we believe will be a long and successful partnership with Ithaca”.
- Waypoint Leasing to Bolster Fleet with 16 New Airbus Helicopters
- EASA raises H175 gross weight to 7.8 tonnes
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- NHV’s H175 fleet reaches 10,000 flight hours
- NHV awarded with offshore contract by Seaway Heavy Lifting
- New era on North Sea as oil company buys two H175s
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- Airbus launches H175 flight-test campaign
- Airbus delivers first H175 to Americas
- NHV starts H175 operations out of Denmark
- Airbus delivers first VIP version of the H175
- Airbus delivers first H175 into the Americas
- NHV start operating two H175s out of Ghana
- Airbus Helicopters takes H175 on demo tour in West Africa
- Hong Kong selects Trakka searchlight for SAR H175s
- Airbus Helicopters rolls out H175 Flight Crew Operating Manual
- Airbus H175 reaches 3,000 hours
- Airbus takes five helicopters to Heli-Expo, and two more in VR
- Airbus release their numbers for 2015
- NHV starts in Aberdeen with two H175s