Russia’s Defence Ministry recently accepted a delivery of Mi-8MTV-5-1 military helicopters from Russian Helicopters. The helicopters went through strict testing before they were accepted.
The build and assembly quality, as well as component manufacturing was tested during a pre-acceptance and acceptance procedure. Once they were fully assembled, they were tested once more at the workshop to ensure the efficiency of on-board systems and emergency crew support systems. The last testing they went through was a flight test.
The Mi-8MTV-5-1s will be used for SAR missions, with the ability to carry up to 4000kg. the helicopters will be able to fly during the night due to specially adapted lighting systems and night-vision goggles, reports DFNS.net.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023