Russia’s Defence Ministry recently accepted a delivery of Mi-8MTV-5-1 military helicopters from Russian Helicopters. The helicopters went through strict testing before they were accepted.
The build and assembly quality, as well as component manufacturing was tested during a pre-acceptance and acceptance procedure. Once they were fully assembled, they were tested once more at the workshop to ensure the efficiency of on-board systems and emergency crew support systems. The last testing they went through was a flight test.
The Mi-8MTV-5-1s will be used for SAR missions, with the ability to carry up to 4000kg. the helicopters will be able to fly during the night due to specially adapted lighting systems and night-vision goggles, reports DFNS.net.
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly