Russia’s Defence Ministry recently accepted a delivery of Mi-8MTV-5-1 military helicopters from Russian Helicopters. The helicopters went through strict testing before they were accepted.
The build and assembly quality, as well as component manufacturing was tested during a pre-acceptance and acceptance procedure. Once they were fully assembled, they were tested once more at the workshop to ensure the efficiency of on-board systems and emergency crew support systems. The last testing they went through was a flight test.
The Mi-8MTV-5-1s will be used for SAR missions, with the ability to carry up to 4000kg. the helicopters will be able to fly during the night due to specially adapted lighting systems and night-vision goggles, reports DFNS.net.
- FLIR Systems appoints President/CEO
- Russian Helicopters seeks service centre in Azerbaijan
- Airbus Helicopters first helicopter final assembly line in China
- Russian Helicopters showcases unmanned tiltrotor at HeliRussia-2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract to support Utility Helicopter Project Office
- Boeing awarded $15M contract for Apache main rotor blade repair
- K. Roger Williams Passes Away at Age of 65
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Fundraising for New Air Evac Helipad for Perry County
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Second prototype HAL Light Utility Helicopter makes first flight
- 50th anniversary of Mi-2 helicopters in the service of the Polish Armed Forces
- Russian Helicopters delivers first medevac Ansat to State Transport Leasing Company
- L3 WESCAM Launches MatriX™ ISR System Solutions Kits
- Sundance Helicopters plans to break World Record
- Northstar Provides New Corporate Headquarters for Air Methods
- The anniversary HeliRussia 2017 have set an absolute record
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-17 Chilov Island, Azerbaijan
- Ghana Orders 4 Z-9EH Helicopters for Oil and Gas Project
- Lower Operating Temperature for H135