It is with great excitement that we announce the appointment of Matthew H. Evenhouse, MD, FACEP, as NAAMTA’s Medical Director.
Dr. Evenhouse joins the NAAMTA team as an accomplished clinician with a commitment to excellence and extensive experience in air medical services. A cum laude graduate of MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, he went on to excel in his residency in emergency medicine at Metro Health/Cleveland Clinic/Case Western Reserve University, serving as Chief Resident.
Dr. Evenhouse offers a unique blend of knowledge and experience to enhance NAAMTA’s impact on the medical transport industry, both domestically and abroad. As a board certified emergency medicine physician he possesses broad clinical and administrative experience. His years as a flight physician, EMS instructor, clinical educator, and Director of Quality for a large emergency medicine group give him valuable insight into the day to day functioning of air medical programs and their impact on the healthcare systems they support.
Emergency Medicine and Air Medical Services
As an educator, he provides clinical training in Critical Care Transport at Case Western Reserve University as faculty of the Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Dorothy Ebersbach Academic Center for Flight Nursing. He is a well-known and respected lecturer for professional and academic audiences on topics related to emergency medicine and air medical services. As a consultant, Dr. Evenhouse has presented a variety of writings, presentations and proposals to institutes, foundations, governments and health care systems around the world.
Medical Training to Various Agencies
In addition to his flight experience in EMS, Dr. Evenhouse has worked extensively to further the emerging specialties of tactical and operational medicine. Providing medical direction for several law enforcement agencies around Ohio, Dr. Evenhouse participates with law enforcement in implementing medical involvement in SWAT operations. He lectures and provides medical training to law enforcement agencies both at home and abroad.
Dr. Evenhouse brings with him extensive relevant clinical expertise and insight into pre-hospital, tactical, wilderness, austere, disaster and deployed medicine. His experience is invaluable to NAAMTA Alliance members that have contracts with the US Department of Defense in remote areas of the world.
Dr. Evenhouse also currently serves as a consultant for organizations dedicated to developing and sustaining Emergency Medicine and Air Medical Transport systems worldwide. A resident of northeastern Ohio, Dr. Evenhouse enjoys being active in the lives of his children and participating in a variety of athletic and outdoor activities in all four seasons.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for Delivery of CH-53K spare parts and Labour
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Edmonton news helicopter celebrates 10 years
- OSS wins two year AW109 EMS contract in Tamil Nadu
- Ontario City looks at EMS helipad location options
- Paradise Helicopters under threat from neighbours
- Bristow starts construction of new facility at Lydd SAR base
- Volocopter to carry out test flights in Dubai in Q4
- FAA employee union opposes ATC privatisation
- Airbus reveals Racer demonstrator developed from X3
- Marenco adds non-executive Director
- Airbus picks Salesforce CRM software
- CHC Announces New Contract with Quadrant Energy
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet