It is with great excitement that we announce the appointment of Matthew H. Evenhouse, MD, FACEP, as NAAMTA’s Medical Director.
Dr. Evenhouse joins the NAAMTA team as an accomplished clinician with a commitment to excellence and extensive experience in air medical services. A cum laude graduate of MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, he went on to excel in his residency in emergency medicine at Metro Health/Cleveland Clinic/Case Western Reserve University, serving as Chief Resident.
Dr. Evenhouse offers a unique blend of knowledge and experience to enhance NAAMTA’s impact on the medical transport industry, both domestically and abroad. As a board certified emergency medicine physician he possesses broad clinical and administrative experience. His years as a flight physician, EMS instructor, clinical educator, and Director of Quality for a large emergency medicine group give him valuable insight into the day to day functioning of air medical programs and their impact on the healthcare systems they support.
Emergency Medicine and Air Medical Services
As an educator, he provides clinical training in Critical Care Transport at Case Western Reserve University as faculty of the Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Dorothy Ebersbach Academic Center for Flight Nursing. He is a well-known and respected lecturer for professional and academic audiences on topics related to emergency medicine and air medical services. As a consultant, Dr. Evenhouse has presented a variety of writings, presentations and proposals to institutes, foundations, governments and health care systems around the world.
Medical Training to Various Agencies
In addition to his flight experience in EMS, Dr. Evenhouse has worked extensively to further the emerging specialties of tactical and operational medicine. Providing medical direction for several law enforcement agencies around Ohio, Dr. Evenhouse participates with law enforcement in implementing medical involvement in SWAT operations. He lectures and provides medical training to law enforcement agencies both at home and abroad.
Dr. Evenhouse brings with him extensive relevant clinical expertise and insight into pre-hospital, tactical, wilderness, austere, disaster and deployed medicine. His experience is invaluable to NAAMTA Alliance members that have contracts with the US Department of Defense in remote areas of the world.
Dr. Evenhouse also currently serves as a consultant for organizations dedicated to developing and sustaining Emergency Medicine and Air Medical Transport systems worldwide. A resident of northeastern Ohio, Dr. Evenhouse enjoys being active in the lives of his children and participating in a variety of athletic and outdoor activities in all four seasons.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017