It is with great excitement that we announce the appointment of Matthew H. Evenhouse, MD, FACEP, as NAAMTA’s Medical Director.
Dr. Evenhouse joins the NAAMTA team as an accomplished clinician with a commitment to excellence and extensive experience in air medical services. A cum laude graduate of MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, he went on to excel in his residency in emergency medicine at Metro Health/Cleveland Clinic/Case Western Reserve University, serving as Chief Resident.
Dr. Evenhouse offers a unique blend of knowledge and experience to enhance NAAMTA’s impact on the medical transport industry, both domestically and abroad. As a board certified emergency medicine physician he possesses broad clinical and administrative experience. His years as a flight physician, EMS instructor, clinical educator, and Director of Quality for a large emergency medicine group give him valuable insight into the day to day functioning of air medical programs and their impact on the healthcare systems they support.
Emergency Medicine and Air Medical Services
As an educator, he provides clinical training in Critical Care Transport at Case Western Reserve University as faculty of the Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Dorothy Ebersbach Academic Center for Flight Nursing. He is a well-known and respected lecturer for professional and academic audiences on topics related to emergency medicine and air medical services. As a consultant, Dr. Evenhouse has presented a variety of writings, presentations and proposals to institutes, foundations, governments and health care systems around the world.
Medical Training to Various Agencies
In addition to his flight experience in EMS, Dr. Evenhouse has worked extensively to further the emerging specialties of tactical and operational medicine. Providing medical direction for several law enforcement agencies around Ohio, Dr. Evenhouse participates with law enforcement in implementing medical involvement in SWAT operations. He lectures and provides medical training to law enforcement agencies both at home and abroad.
Dr. Evenhouse brings with him extensive relevant clinical expertise and insight into pre-hospital, tactical, wilderness, austere, disaster and deployed medicine. His experience is invaluable to NAAMTA Alliance members that have contracts with the US Department of Defense in remote areas of the world.
Dr. Evenhouse also currently serves as a consultant for organizations dedicated to developing and sustaining Emergency Medicine and Air Medical Transport systems worldwide. A resident of northeastern Ohio, Dr. Evenhouse enjoys being active in the lives of his children and participating in a variety of athletic and outdoor activities in all four seasons.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations