Last week, the oil industry journal Energy Voice wrote about a potential new helicopter operator on the North Sea – Vici Helicopters. Incorporated on 18th January with an address in Stavangar, the company is reportedly going to operate two AgustaWestland AW189s, although it is still in the process of obtaining the necessary operating licences.
The company is headed by Dag Johan Saetre, whose LinkedIn profile shows he has been employed by most Norwegian offshore operators over the years, all in technical roles, having started as an Avionics Technician in the Royal Norwegian Air Force before moving to a similar role with Helikopter Service in 1987. Most recently he was with Blueway for five years as Technical Director, including the last two with additional responsibility as Accountable Manager.
Saetre left Blueway in November 2016 to set up his own consultancy, Jamasi AS, which would appear to be linked to his plans going forward for Vici. Interestingly, he profile shows that role at Blueway included being “Responsible for aircraft purchase agreements and or lease as the group requires”, which would include a good contact network with which to start a new opening company.
We look forward to following the progress of Vici Helicopters in the coming months and wish them well with their plans.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- AW189 to enter offshore service in Brazil
- New Coastguard SAR Helicopter at Prestwick Airport
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Modifications Needed for AW189 Bubble Windows
- AW189 enters UK SAR operations today
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- Era Partners with Leonardo Helicopters to Showcase AW189
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Bel Air AW189 helicopters exceed 6000 flight hours in North Sea operations
- Leonardo selects Helitune RT-TipTrak for AW169 and AW189
- LCI Experiencing busiest year ever at Helitech 2016
- Bel Air passes 5000 flight hours on AW189 fleet
- UK SAR helicopters in new trial
- Coast Guard S92s and AW189s are too big for hospital helipads
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Waypoint confirmed as lessor of VNH South AW189
- VNH South take delivery of second AW189 on six month lease
- Farnborough – Abaco rugged display computer to be shown on AW189
- EASA approves AW189 FIPS Full Ice Protection System