Last week, the oil industry journal Energy Voice wrote about a potential new helicopter operator on the North Sea – Vici Helicopters. Incorporated on 18th January with an address in Stavangar, the company is reportedly going to operate two AgustaWestland AW189s, although it is still in the process of obtaining the necessary operating licences.
The company is headed by Dag Johan Saetre, whose LinkedIn profile shows he has been employed by most Norwegian offshore operators over the years, all in technical roles, having started as an Avionics Technician in the Royal Norwegian Air Force before moving to a similar role with Helikopter Service in 1987. Most recently he was with Blueway for five years as Technical Director, including the last two with additional responsibility as Accountable Manager.
Saetre left Blueway in November 2016 to set up his own consultancy, Jamasi AS, which would appear to be linked to his plans going forward for Vici. Interestingly, he profile shows that role at Blueway included being “Responsible for aircraft purchase agreements and or lease as the group requires”, which would include a good contact network with which to start a new opening company.
We look forward to following the progress of Vici Helicopters in the coming months and wish them well with their plans.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- AW189 to support Oil&Gas operations in Russia
- Fuel Consumption Figure Drops for AW189
- Bristow transitions Prestwick SAR base from S92 to AW189
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- AW189 to enter offshore service in Brazil
- New Coastguard SAR Helicopter at Prestwick Airport
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Modifications Needed for AW189 Bubble Windows
- AW189 enters UK SAR operations today
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun