Quebecers working in the province’s world-class aerospace sector showcased their talents as Bell Helicopter unveiled the first completed model of its latest aircraft since the company established a new assembly program in Mirabel last year.
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, took part in a ceremony to celebrate the completion of the new 505 Jet Ranger X helicopter from the production line. Christine St-Pierre, Quebec Minister of International Relations and La Francophonie and Minister responsible for the Laurentides region, also took part in the event on behalf of Dominique Anglade, Quebec Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy.
More than 100 highly skilled jobs in Quebec were secured following the Texas-based helicopter manufacturer’s decision to assemble its new 505 helicopter in Mirabel.
The decision represents a vote of confidence in the highly skilled workers at the Mirabel plant who carry out flight testing, certification and final assembly of the new model. It also secures opportunities for future models of Bell’s commercial helicopters to be tested, certified and assembled at the Mirabel plant. That’s how workers in the aerospace sector will develop the skills that prepare them for the well-paying jobs of the future.
This investment by a global company demonstrates that Canada is an ideal location for advanced manufacturing because of its highly skilled workforce and the culture of innovation that exists in this country’s aerospace industry.
The Government of Canada’s Innovation Agenda will promote clean growth, quality jobs and higher living standards for the middle class. Investments in the aerospace sector, a major driver of innovation, are key elements of this plan.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service