Quebecers working in the province’s world-class aerospace sector showcased their talents as Bell Helicopter unveiled the first completed model of its latest aircraft since the company established a new assembly program in Mirabel last year.
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, took part in a ceremony to celebrate the completion of the new 505 Jet Ranger X helicopter from the production line. Christine St-Pierre, Quebec Minister of International Relations and La Francophonie and Minister responsible for the Laurentides region, also took part in the event on behalf of Dominique Anglade, Quebec Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy.
More than 100 highly skilled jobs in Quebec were secured following the Texas-based helicopter manufacturer’s decision to assemble its new 505 helicopter in Mirabel.
The decision represents a vote of confidence in the highly skilled workers at the Mirabel plant who carry out flight testing, certification and final assembly of the new model. It also secures opportunities for future models of Bell’s commercial helicopters to be tested, certified and assembled at the Mirabel plant. That’s how workers in the aerospace sector will develop the skills that prepare them for the well-paying jobs of the future.
This investment by a global company demonstrates that Canada is an ideal location for advanced manufacturing because of its highly skilled workforce and the culture of innovation that exists in this country’s aerospace industry.
The Government of Canada’s Innovation Agenda will promote clean growth, quality jobs and higher living standards for the middle class. Investments in the aerospace sector, a major driver of innovation, are key elements of this plan.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province