Quebecers working in the province’s world-class aerospace sector showcased their talents as Bell Helicopter unveiled the first completed model of its latest aircraft since the company established a new assembly program in Mirabel last year.
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, took part in a ceremony to celebrate the completion of the new 505 Jet Ranger X helicopter from the production line. Christine St-Pierre, Quebec Minister of International Relations and La Francophonie and Minister responsible for the Laurentides region, also took part in the event on behalf of Dominique Anglade, Quebec Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy.
More than 100 highly skilled jobs in Quebec were secured following the Texas-based helicopter manufacturer’s decision to assemble its new 505 helicopter in Mirabel.
The decision represents a vote of confidence in the highly skilled workers at the Mirabel plant who carry out flight testing, certification and final assembly of the new model. It also secures opportunities for future models of Bell’s commercial helicopters to be tested, certified and assembled at the Mirabel plant. That’s how workers in the aerospace sector will develop the skills that prepare them for the well-paying jobs of the future.
This investment by a global company demonstrates that Canada is an ideal location for advanced manufacturing because of its highly skilled workforce and the culture of innovation that exists in this country’s aerospace industry.
The Government of Canada’s Innovation Agenda will promote clean growth, quality jobs and higher living standards for the middle class. Investments in the aerospace sector, a major driver of innovation, are key elements of this plan.
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services
- AHS selects 2018 Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship recipient
- HAI President Message – They Love Us When They Need Us
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts
- UAE to build unmanned Ka226T
- NYPD Aviation Unit Increases Coverage on Illegally Flown Drones
- HFI Scholarship Applications Now Open
- Georgia Hospital to add helipad
- RCMP Investigate Helicopter Parts Theft
- FAA and GA national #FlySafe Campaign
- Workhorse Announces First Manned Flight of SureFly
- German supplier wins five year Chinook parts contract from Boeing
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Falcon Aviation to add three more AW169s, leased from Milestone