Quebecers working in the province’s world-class aerospace sector showcased their talents as Bell Helicopter unveiled the first completed model of its latest aircraft since the company established a new assembly program in Mirabel last year.
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, took part in a ceremony to celebrate the completion of the new 505 Jet Ranger X helicopter from the production line. Christine St-Pierre, Quebec Minister of International Relations and La Francophonie and Minister responsible for the Laurentides region, also took part in the event on behalf of Dominique Anglade, Quebec Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy.
More than 100 highly skilled jobs in Quebec were secured following the Texas-based helicopter manufacturer’s decision to assemble its new 505 helicopter in Mirabel.
The decision represents a vote of confidence in the highly skilled workers at the Mirabel plant who carry out flight testing, certification and final assembly of the new model. It also secures opportunities for future models of Bell’s commercial helicopters to be tested, certified and assembled at the Mirabel plant. That’s how workers in the aerospace sector will develop the skills that prepare them for the well-paying jobs of the future.
This investment by a global company demonstrates that Canada is an ideal location for advanced manufacturing because of its highly skilled workforce and the culture of innovation that exists in this country’s aerospace industry.
The Government of Canada’s Innovation Agenda will promote clean growth, quality jobs and higher living standards for the middle class. Investments in the aerospace sector, a major driver of innovation, are key elements of this plan.
- Bristow renews Guyana contract for five years
- Uber and Bell plan to fly air taxis from DFW Airport
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California