After a 1½-year investigation, the prosecutor’s office has decided to drop the charges regarding alleged irregularities in connection with the purchase of seven new rescue helicopters. “The police have not found anything, and the prosecutor’s office has now closed the case”, says Ulrika Ekström, Director of Communications at the Swedish Maritime Administration.
The commotion took off after the Swedish television show Uppdrag Granskning (“Assignment Investigate”) aired the first of two inspective programs on 29 April 2015, where it questioned some details in the one-billion-SEK public tender, implying that the deal could have been set up in advance. On 17th of June the police, led by the Prosecutor’s chamber of anti-corruption, did a raid at the headquarters of the Maritime Administration, and the investigation proceeded from then on.
In October 2012 the Swedish Maritime Administration signed an agreement with AgustaWestland SpA for the purchase of seven new AW139. The helicopters were delivered between September 2013 and May 2015, and the first AW139 was deployed in active SAR service in April 2014, replacing the current Sikorsky S-76C+/C++ helicopters.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands into Nigeria
- New Penzance HP on hold while fixed-wing competitor launches judicial review
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Panama’s SENAN AW139 Fleet Reaches Milestone
- Waypoint places two AW139s with Heliconia in NW Africa
- AW139s Hit 5000 Hour Landmark for Panama
- Leonardo provides helicopter for the Prince of Wales’ Tour of Italy
- Waypoint Leasing and Eagle Annouce Repurposed AW139
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- New AW139s Unable to Land on Northern New South Wales Helipads
- CAE-Lider joint venture strengthens its training partnership with Leonardo Helicopters
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease to PT. Air Born Indonesia
- LCI delivers AW139 to Heli-Union
- Italian Guardia di Finanza pick TrakkaBeam A800 searchlight for new AW139s
- Heli-One Poland Approved for Leonardo AW139 2nd Generation Exhaust Duct Repair
- Leonardo expands presence of the bestselling AW139 in Japan with first VIP helicopter sale
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- Saab Certifies Axnes PNG System for AW139