After a 1½-year investigation, the prosecutor’s office has decided to drop the charges regarding alleged irregularities in connection with the purchase of seven new rescue helicopters. “The police have not found anything, and the prosecutor’s office has now closed the case”, says Ulrika Ekström, Director of Communications at the Swedish Maritime Administration.
The commotion took off after the Swedish television show Uppdrag Granskning (“Assignment Investigate”) aired the first of two inspective programs on 29 April 2015, where it questioned some details in the one-billion-SEK public tender, implying that the deal could have been set up in advance. On 17th of June the police, led by the Prosecutor’s chamber of anti-corruption, did a raid at the headquarters of the Maritime Administration, and the investigation proceeded from then on.
In October 2012 the Swedish Maritime Administration signed an agreement with AgustaWestland SpA for the purchase of seven new AW139. The helicopters were delivered between September 2013 and May 2015, and the first AW139 was deployed in active SAR service in April 2014, replacing the current Sikorsky S-76C+/C++ helicopters.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- DART AW139 retrofit Emergency Float System will be available to the after-market
- SAS to provide AW139 support
- Two corporate AW139s sold to UK customers
- Collaboration between CHC, Leonardo & SKYTRAC for Flight Safety Data Transfer
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Mecaer delivers VIP AW139
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- Caverton Helicopters completes payment of $55m AW139 Loan from Shell
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands into Nigeria
- New Penzance HP on hold while fixed-wing competitor launches judicial review
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Panama’s SENAN AW139 Fleet Reaches Milestone
- Waypoint places two AW139s with Heliconia in NW Africa
- AW139s Hit 5000 Hour Landmark for Panama
- Leonardo provides helicopter for the Prince of Wales’ Tour of Italy
- Waypoint Leasing and Eagle Annouce Repurposed AW139