The Army’s PEO Aviation Utility Helicopters Project Office; the Aviation and Missile Command; and the Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) teamed with principal industry partner Redstone Defense Systems (RDS) to develop the UH-60V aircraft. RDS, a joint venture between Yulista Aviation, Inc. and Science and Engineering Services, is currently modifying the first 3 UH-60V aircraft and hosted a First Flight ceremony for Engineering Development Model (EDM) 1. RDS updated the existing UH-60L analog architecture to a digital infrastructure enabling the aircraft to have a similar Pilot-Vehicle Interface (PVI) and interoperability to the UH-60M. RDS provided bussed avionics and block upgrade functionality that meets critical international flight requirements as well as enhanced aircrew mission situational awareness, decreased pilot workload and increased mission safety.
The First Flight Ceremony was held at the Yulista M4 Hangar in Meridianville, AL on January 19, 2017. The First Flight Ceremony date was set two years prior and is a major milestone for the program. Within the next couple of weeks, the aircraft will go through final maintenance actions and acceptance test procedures prior to being handed off to the Aviation Flight Test Directorate (AFTD).
The UH-60V Program is just one of the many innovative and enhanced solutions serving the warfighter performed by RDS and Yulista. RDS is the prime contractor for the AMRDEC Prototype Integration Facility (PIF), system integrator for the UH-60V. Yulista Aviation is an Alaskan Native Owned Small Business headquartered in Huntsville, AL.
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available