The Army’s PEO Aviation Utility Helicopters Project Office; the Aviation and Missile Command; and the Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) teamed with principal industry partner Redstone Defense Systems (RDS) to develop the UH-60V aircraft. RDS, a joint venture between Yulista Aviation, Inc. and Science and Engineering Services, is currently modifying the first 3 UH-60V aircraft and hosted a First Flight ceremony for Engineering Development Model (EDM) 1. RDS updated the existing UH-60L analog architecture to a digital infrastructure enabling the aircraft to have a similar Pilot-Vehicle Interface (PVI) and interoperability to the UH-60M. RDS provided bussed avionics and block upgrade functionality that meets critical international flight requirements as well as enhanced aircrew mission situational awareness, decreased pilot workload and increased mission safety.
The First Flight Ceremony was held at the Yulista M4 Hangar in Meridianville, AL on January 19, 2017. The First Flight Ceremony date was set two years prior and is a major milestone for the program. Within the next couple of weeks, the aircraft will go through final maintenance actions and acceptance test procedures prior to being handed off to the Aviation Flight Test Directorate (AFTD).
The UH-60V Program is just one of the many innovative and enhanced solutions serving the warfighter performed by RDS and Yulista. RDS is the prime contractor for the AMRDEC Prototype Integration Facility (PIF), system integrator for the UH-60V. Yulista Aviation is an Alaskan Native Owned Small Business headquartered in Huntsville, AL.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills