Svensk Pilotutbildning (SPU) has been awarded an agreement with the Swedish National Agency for Higher Vocational Education (“Myndigheten för Yrkeshögskolan”) for training of 14 new helicopter pilots a year, until 2020, which in total means 28 positions funded by the Swedish Government.
The agency got a lot of attention for its January 2014 decision, where it decided to fund a total of 60 slots for new commercial helicopter pilots. The ground-breaking decision changed the helicopter training climate by adding an unprecedented number of simultaneous students. However, in 2016 the agency decided to discontinue with helicopter training for a period of time. The state-funded training will now resume, with little information regarding factual employment rate of the last 60 pilots.
After acceptance to the two-year 480-point higher vocational education programme, the pilots will gain a full ATPL(H)IR theory and a CPL(H) license with 135 flight hours. The Swedish Government will be funding the programme in order to safeguard the availability of qualified pilots for national parapublic and civil helicopter operations in the future.
Svensk Pilotutbildning conducts flight training with the Robinson R22 and R44 as well as with the Airbus Helicopters EC120.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- DynaVibe Track and Balance System gains Robinson acceptance
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- UND installs R44 Tanis Engine Preheat Kit
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- 11-Nov-17 N744BS Robinson R44 Page, US-Arizona
- 06-Nov-17 N7085M Robinson R44 Inwood, US-Iowa
- 18-Aug-17 VH-LGN Robinson R44 Channel Point, Australia
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- Mexico approves Apollo spray systems for R22 and R44
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- Japan approves R44 cargo hook from Onboard Systems
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- FAA warns FAR Part 135 R44 operators
- 09-Jun-17 N590GG Robinson R44 Douglas, US-Wyoming
- 03-Jun-17 N7091F Robinson R44 Dimmit, US-Texas (1F)
- 02-Jun-17 D-HFCQ Robinson R44 Rostock, Germany
- Toledo Police grounded as city sells their only helicopter