The AgustaWestland AW169 light intermediate twin-engine helicopter has achieved validation by FAA of the United States of its certification, with deliveries to begin in USA this year.
A versatile, new generation twin-engine light-intermediate category helicopter, the AW169 has been designed in response to the growing market demand for an aircraft that delivers high performance, meets all the latest safety standards and has multi-role capabilities.
The AW169 incorporates several new technology features in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems and is ideal for VIP and EMS requirements in the United States. The type has already been selected for a range of duties including executive/private transport, air ambulance, offshore transport and utility roles, with agreements signed for over 150 units including orders and options worldwide.
The AW169 is part of the family of new generation helicopters that includes the AW139 and AW189 models, which possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features as well as sharing a common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance/training concept. This commonality will allow more effective operations for customers operating helicopter fleets across the 4 to 9 tonne categories.
Over 20 AW169s have been delivered to date to customers around the world for a range of applications including emergency medical service, executive/private transport, utility, offshore transport and wind farm support. An AW169 Level D full flight simulator, delivering advanced pilot training, has been certified and is in operation at the Leonardo Training Academy in Sesto Calende, Italy.
- Norway set to place first police order for AW169
- SAS to undertake AW169 pilot training
- SAS delivers next AW169 Air Ambulance
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- New Era For Air Ambulance Patients In Dorset and Somerset
- UK Air Ambulance AW169s go to work at last
- Sloane Helicopters expands Leonardo in UK and Ireland with AW169 and GrandNew orders
- Technical Approvals for Airlift AW169
- EASA clears British AW169 air ambulances to fly
- First Leonardo AW169 arrives in Sweden
- Leonardo’s AW169 Helicopter selected by The Argentine National Gendarmerie
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- LCI to lease three AW169s to NHV Norwegian subsidiary Airlift
- Corporate and VIP operators across the Americas select AW139, AW169
- Milestone lease AW169 to HeliKorea
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Falcon Aviation presents the world’s first offshore-configured new generation AW169 helicopter to Oil & Gas community
- Rajasthan State holds Open Bidding for Helicopter Procurement