M International Inc., is pleased to announce subsidiary company Keystone Turbine Services, LLC (Coatesville, Pennsylvania – KTS), after many months of hard work and determined efforts by the entire organization, has been certified to AS9110B Quality Management Standards.
“This standard focuses on the control of repair schemes and maintenance plans as well as configuration management and the skills and qualifications necessary to perform Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) tasks within our state of the art facility, advised John Fraser, General Manager of KTS. “AS9110B provides us with a good, sound system to ensure safety, reliability and airworthiness throughout all of our products and services.”
“AS9110 is the highest certification standard achieved for MRO facilities, and we’ve made significant investment in KTS as part of our overall improvement strategy,” stated Rob Ruck, President/COO of M International. “AS9110B elevates our Quality Management System by aligning all our companies to this chosen global standard within the aerospace industry while demonstrating we can deliver quality products and services to our customers while expanding our customer base to include global aviation companies. KTS’s next goal is to go from AS9110B to AS9110C certification.”
Since aerospace products are designed to perform for 50 years and beyond, proper maintenance is crucial to their safe operation. Understanding these unique set of requirements, the aerospace industry further realized the different needs between the MRO vs. OEM business market segments. To address these needs, the IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group) developed AS9110B – Quality Management Systems, Aerospace – Requirements for Maintenance Organizations. This standard focuses on the control of repair schemes and maintenance plans, configuration management and the skills and qualifications necessary to perform MRO tasks within the aerospace community.
Specifically, the AS9110B standard addresses many of the MRO requirements identified in the U.S. FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part 43 & 145. These requirements include topics that cover approvals, ratings, licenses and permits. MRO organizations must have a series of approvals for certain types of repairs; they must be rated on the specific airframe and/or engine platform and carry the appropriate regulatory certificates. Other requirements include technical data (repair manuals) and personnel certification and validation of the maintenance activity.
With over 40 years’ experience, KTS is Rolls-Royce’s second largest certificated Authorized Maintenance Repair & Overhaul Center (AMROC) for all M250 Series engines, modules, accessories and components located in Coatesville, Pennsylvania (USA). In addition, KTS is an FAA and EASA certificated Part 145 Repair Station and a Honeywell Authorized Warranty and Repair Station (AWARS) for Overhaul, Repair and Testing of Rolls-Royce M250, Honeywell LTS-101 and Pratt & Whitney PT6A and PT6T Fuel Controls, Power Turbine Governors and related accessories. KTS expanded its state-of-the-art 40,000 sq. ft. MRO facility with the addition of a second OEM-correlated, all-digital engine test cell plus an increase of 10,000 sq. ft. in new production floor space.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017