Tension between the Indonesian Defence Minister, Service Chiefs and Armed Forces Commander has risen due to the current AW101 situation. In November 2015, the Indonesian Air Force requested a contract for three AW101 VVIP helicopters. This request was denied by President Joko Widodo, as the cost for one alone would amount to $55 million.
The Air Force sent in a request for just one AW101, but requested to have it adapted for military use instead of VVIP. This request was also denied by the previous Indonesian Military Chief, General Gatot Nurmantyo and Defence Minister, Ryamizard Ryacudu.
Despite this, the helicopter was delivered earlier this month. Defence News reports that this means the purchase went through “unknown intermediaries.” They hope to uncover how this happened and whether any laws were broken in doing so.
- Oklahoma Passes Bill for Aerial Gunning of Wild Hogs
- CAACI Issues Warning after Kite Collision
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia