Tension between the Indonesian Defence Minister, Service Chiefs and Armed Forces Commander has risen due to the current AW101 situation. In November 2015, the Indonesian Air Force requested a contract for three AW101 VVIP helicopters. This request was denied by President Joko Widodo, as the cost for one alone would amount to $55 million.
The Air Force sent in a request for just one AW101, but requested to have it adapted for military use instead of VVIP. This request was also denied by the previous Indonesian Military Chief, General Gatot Nurmantyo and Defence Minister, Ryamizard Ryacudu.
Despite this, the helicopter was delivered earlier this month. Defence News reports that this means the purchase went through “unknown intermediaries.” They hope to uncover how this happened and whether any laws were broken in doing so.
- K. Roger Williams Passes Away at Age of 65
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Fundraising for New Air Evac Helipad for Perry County
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Second prototype HAL Light Utility Helicopter makes first flight
- 50th anniversary of Mi-2 helicopters in the service of the Polish Armed Forces
- Russian Helicopters delivers first medevac Ansat to State Transport Leasing Company
- L3 WESCAM Launches MatriX™ ISR System Solutions Kits
- Sundance Helicopters plans to break World Record
- Northstar Provides New Corporate Headquarters for Air Methods
- The anniversary HeliRussia 2017 have set an absolute record
- Ghana Orders 4 Z-9EH Helicopters for Oil and Gas Project
- Lower Operating Temperature for H135
- Boulder Transport Starts Helicopter Flights up Front Range
- Luxaviation Helicopters announces strategic partnership with Azur Hélicoptère
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter