Discovery Air Defence Services Inc. (“DA Defence”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Discovery Air Inc., and Inzpire Ltd. have joined forces to bid for the UK Ministry of Defence’s Air Support to Defence Operational Training (“ASDOT”) programme. The two companies will combine their unique capabilities in the live air training environment to deliver the most innovative, relevant and safe training solution for the ASDOT customer.
With the world’s largest privately-owned operational fleet of aggressor aircraft for air support, DA Defence is the most experienced provider of turnkey tactical airborne training and adversary training for militaries worldwide. DA Defence’s mix of modern fighters and special mission aircraft equipped with radar, sensors, EA, and targeting capabilities will deliver the mission profiles, flexibility, and availability demanded by ASDOT.
“As the world leader in contracted air combat training, we are very excited to join forces with the UK’s Inzpire. The combined strengths of our two companies are uniquely suited to meet the ASDOT requirements and to serve the British Armed Forces’ evolving live-fly, tactical training needs well into the mid-2030s,” said Paul Bouchard, President of DA Defence.
Inzpire are experts in team and collective training. They provide an independent exercise management team to the RAF’s Air Battlespace Training Centre, as well as supplying expertise within the RAF’s Air Warfare Centre through the management of large scale live training exercises. Inzpire’s Qualified Helicopter Flying Instructors instruct the British Army Apache Attack Helicopter and Wildcat Helicopter Conversion-to-Type and conversion to role courses. With proven experience of delivery to the UK MoD, Inzpire will continue their exceptional service to the customer through the delivery of ASDOT.
“After careful consideration of the customer’s requirements, we are pleased to formalize our relationship with Discovery Air Defence. Their proven track record providing ASDOT services worldwide and unrivalled Flight Safety record make them an ideal partner for this program,” said Hugh Griffiths, CEO of Inzpire Ltd.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018