Discovery Air Defence Services Inc. (“DA Defence”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Discovery Air Inc., and Inzpire Ltd. have joined forces to bid for the UK Ministry of Defence’s Air Support to Defence Operational Training (“ASDOT”) programme. The two companies will combine their unique capabilities in the live air training environment to deliver the most innovative, relevant and safe training solution for the ASDOT customer.
With the world’s largest privately-owned operational fleet of aggressor aircraft for air support, DA Defence is the most experienced provider of turnkey tactical airborne training and adversary training for militaries worldwide. DA Defence’s mix of modern fighters and special mission aircraft equipped with radar, sensors, EA, and targeting capabilities will deliver the mission profiles, flexibility, and availability demanded by ASDOT.
“As the world leader in contracted air combat training, we are very excited to join forces with the UK’s Inzpire. The combined strengths of our two companies are uniquely suited to meet the ASDOT requirements and to serve the British Armed Forces’ evolving live-fly, tactical training needs well into the mid-2030s,” said Paul Bouchard, President of DA Defence.
Inzpire are experts in team and collective training. They provide an independent exercise management team to the RAF’s Air Battlespace Training Centre, as well as supplying expertise within the RAF’s Air Warfare Centre through the management of large scale live training exercises. Inzpire’s Qualified Helicopter Flying Instructors instruct the British Army Apache Attack Helicopter and Wildcat Helicopter Conversion-to-Type and conversion to role courses. With proven experience of delivery to the UK MoD, Inzpire will continue their exceptional service to the customer through the delivery of ASDOT.
“After careful consideration of the customer’s requirements, we are pleased to formalize our relationship with Discovery Air Defence. Their proven track record providing ASDOT services worldwide and unrivalled Flight Safety record make them an ideal partner for this program,” said Hugh Griffiths, CEO of Inzpire Ltd.
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter