The Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division, has awarded Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] $150 million in follow-on production contracts to provide the U.S. Marine Corps with the Target Sight System (TSS) for the AH-1Z “Viper” attack helicopter.
Under the contracts, Lockheed Martin will produce TSS Lot 13 and Lot 14. The award also contains options for TSS Lots 15 and 16, which would bring the total in follow-on production contracts to $284.6 million with all options exercised. Work will be completed in Orlando and Ocala, Florida.
“The advanced capabilities and proven reliability of TSS provide the U.S. Marine Corps with a technological combat edge,” said Paul Lemmo, vice president of Fire Control/SOF CLSS at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “Its long-range precision strike capability significantly enhances the helicopter’s lethality and aircrew survivability.”
Since 2008, Lockheed Martin has provided the U.S. Marine Corps with more than 100 TSS units. Production and sustainment efforts for TSS are ongoing through 2026.
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion