The Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division, has awarded Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] $150 million in follow-on production contracts to provide the U.S. Marine Corps with the Target Sight System (TSS) for the AH-1Z “Viper” attack helicopter.
Under the contracts, Lockheed Martin will produce TSS Lot 13 and Lot 14. The award also contains options for TSS Lots 15 and 16, which would bring the total in follow-on production contracts to $284.6 million with all options exercised. Work will be completed in Orlando and Ocala, Florida.
“The advanced capabilities and proven reliability of TSS provide the U.S. Marine Corps with a technological combat edge,” said Paul Lemmo, vice president of Fire Control/SOF CLSS at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “Its long-range precision strike capability significantly enhances the helicopter’s lethality and aircrew survivability.”
Since 2008, Lockheed Martin has provided the U.S. Marine Corps with more than 100 TSS units. Production and sustainment efforts for TSS are ongoing through 2026.
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available