The Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division, has awarded Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] $150 million in follow-on production contracts to provide the U.S. Marine Corps with the Target Sight System (TSS) for the AH-1Z “Viper” attack helicopter.
Under the contracts, Lockheed Martin will produce TSS Lot 13 and Lot 14. The award also contains options for TSS Lots 15 and 16, which would bring the total in follow-on production contracts to $284.6 million with all options exercised. Work will be completed in Orlando and Ocala, Florida.
“The advanced capabilities and proven reliability of TSS provide the U.S. Marine Corps with a technological combat edge,” said Paul Lemmo, vice president of Fire Control/SOF CLSS at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “Its long-range precision strike capability significantly enhances the helicopter’s lethality and aircrew survivability.”
Since 2008, Lockheed Martin has provided the U.S. Marine Corps with more than 100 TSS units. Production and sustainment efforts for TSS are ongoing through 2026.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017