Era Group Inc. (NYSE:ERA), one of the largest helicopter operators in the world, today announced that one of its AW189 helicopters will be on display at the 2017 HAI Heli-Expo, the world’s largest trade show dedicated to the international helicopter community. Era served as the launch customer for the AW189 helicopter in the Americas upon taking delivery of its first two AW189 helicopters in December 2015.
“Era is proud to have one of our AW189s on display as part of Leonardo’s presence at this year’s Heli-Expo,” said Chris Bradshaw, President and Chief Executive Officer of Era. “The AW189 has been an outstanding addition to our diverse and technologically advanced fleet. Its versatility and reliability enhance our ability to provide competitive options for cost-efficient, long-range offshore helicopter transport. In addition, as a full-service operating lessor, Era stands ready to provide operational and technical support to assist other helicopter operators in the launch of their own AW189 operations.”
As part of the Heli-Expo experience, Era will partner with Leonardo to showcase the AW189’s spacious cabin and cockpit design incorporating the latest in advanced situational awareness technologies to reduce crew workload, optimize mission-effectiveness and enhance safety.
The aircraft benefits from an industry-leading 50 minutes ‘dry-run’ capability on the main gearbox, exceeding current certification standards and offering unmatched safety and reliability for long-range operations. Era took delivery of an additional two AW189 helicopters in 2016, increasing the Company’s AgustaWestland fleet to over 60 helicopters including four AW189s.
“Showcasing the versatile AW189 currently in service with Era, the world’s largest civilian operator of AgustaWestland helicopters, allows us to further display the aircraft’s adaptability in support of a variety of mission profiles to key decision makers across the helicopter industry,” added Daniele Romiti, Managing Director of Leonardo Helicopters. “We’re pleased to have Era as a long-time partner and launch customer for the AW189 in the Americas, and appreciate the opportunity to be a part of their operational growth.”
A recipient of the 2017 HAI Salute to Excellence Airbus Helicopters Golden Hour Award for its search and rescue (SAR) program, Era operates three SAR-equipped AW139 medium helicopters in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The dedicated aircraft feature complete Advanced Life Support (ALS) medical care packages, including critical care, fluid resuscitation, advanced airway, pain management and cardiac monitoring, providing unparalleled medical response capabilities. Era was the first emergency flight services provider to configure the AW139 for full SAR mission capabilities.
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport