The offshore helicopter industry’s collaboration for safety was recognised today at the Aviation Week 60th Annual Laureate Awards.
HeliOffshore was a finalist in the Safety Innovation category, which was won by Jaiwon Shin, NASA Associate Administrator for Aeronautics. Mr. Shin’s award recognised his leadership in developing a compelling strategy to guide U.S. civil aviation research.
HeliOffshore CEO, Gretchen Haskins, acknowledged Jaiwon’s contribution: “Jaiwon Shin’s contribution to civil aviation is immense and we congratulate him on his Innovation Laureate. He has led efforts to enhance NASA’s culture of flight research and restructured NASA aeronautics to address the greatest challenges facing civil aviation globally,” said Mrs. Haskins.
“It took similarly innovative thinking and commitment from our founding members to go beyond commercial competition and prioritise safety in the offshore helicopter industry. We are proud to have been considered finalists alongside Mr. Shin,” she said.
Collaboration by HeliOffshore members has already led to best practice guidance in health and usage monitoring systems (HUMS), research and training to improve use of automation, and a programme to accelerate the implementation of enhanced helicopter terrain awareness and warning systems (HTAWS).
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation
- IMT Vislink Launches New TSM-2020 Transport Management System
- Kopter announces North American subsidiary