The offshore helicopter industry’s collaboration for safety was recognised today at the Aviation Week 60th Annual Laureate Awards.
HeliOffshore was a finalist in the Safety Innovation category, which was won by Jaiwon Shin, NASA Associate Administrator for Aeronautics. Mr. Shin’s award recognised his leadership in developing a compelling strategy to guide U.S. civil aviation research.
HeliOffshore CEO, Gretchen Haskins, acknowledged Jaiwon’s contribution: “Jaiwon Shin’s contribution to civil aviation is immense and we congratulate him on his Innovation Laureate. He has led efforts to enhance NASA’s culture of flight research and restructured NASA aeronautics to address the greatest challenges facing civil aviation globally,” said Mrs. Haskins.
“It took similarly innovative thinking and commitment from our founding members to go beyond commercial competition and prioritise safety in the offshore helicopter industry. We are proud to have been considered finalists alongside Mr. Shin,” she said.
Collaboration by HeliOffshore members has already led to best practice guidance in health and usage monitoring systems (HUMS), research and training to improve use of automation, and a programme to accelerate the implementation of enhanced helicopter terrain awareness and warning systems (HTAWS).
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded