The offshore helicopter industry’s collaboration for safety was recognised today at the Aviation Week 60th Annual Laureate Awards.
HeliOffshore was a finalist in the Safety Innovation category, which was won by Jaiwon Shin, NASA Associate Administrator for Aeronautics. Mr. Shin’s award recognised his leadership in developing a compelling strategy to guide U.S. civil aviation research.
HeliOffshore CEO, Gretchen Haskins, acknowledged Jaiwon’s contribution: “Jaiwon Shin’s contribution to civil aviation is immense and we congratulate him on his Innovation Laureate. He has led efforts to enhance NASA’s culture of flight research and restructured NASA aeronautics to address the greatest challenges facing civil aviation globally,” said Mrs. Haskins.
“It took similarly innovative thinking and commitment from our founding members to go beyond commercial competition and prioritise safety in the offshore helicopter industry. We are proud to have been considered finalists alongside Mr. Shin,” she said.
Collaboration by HeliOffshore members has already led to best practice guidance in health and usage monitoring systems (HUMS), research and training to improve use of automation, and a programme to accelerate the implementation of enhanced helicopter terrain awareness and warning systems (HTAWS).
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet
- Japan Coast Guard orders three more H225s
- Bristow Group To Present At The 2017 J.P. Morgan Energy Equity Conference
- TAI Reveals the New T625 Mutli-Role
- CAMCOPTER® S-100 completes successful qualification flights for French Navy
- Foreign Pilots to follow new Malaysian Safety Measures
- Poison risk at Alaska helipad
- Conservationists oppose Alberta helipad for mountain tours
- Israeli Air Force Fleet Grounded
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS