Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH16-53 for Category “A” Urban Operations from Ground Level and Elevated Heliports. Sikorsky S76C+/C++ aircraft equipped with this STC can achieve operational approval for takeoff and landings at H1 designated heliports.
Multiple Canadian EMS rotorcraft operators faced suspension of H1 heliport operations at critical care infrastructures. Helijet voluntarily stopped landing at up to seven BC hospital helipads in its Sikorsky 76C+ air ambulances when questions were raised by Transport Canada. This was resolved through extensive work between Helijet, Transport Canada, and the Design Services team of Maxcraft Avionics. “This outcome is a real credit to the hard work and collaboration of our government and service-partners to put patients’ interests first,” said Linda Lupini, executive vice president of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and BCEHS.
• Take–offs and landings are approved during the day and night operations.
• Ground Level and Elevated Heliport minimum sizes are reduced.
• A Radar Altimeter scaling control for the EDZ-756 EFIS may be added where existing Rad Alt Indicators don’t meet minimum requirements.
• Vertical visibility windows related to Offshore Heliport operations are not required.
• A training program must be implemented for operational approval.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin