Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH16-53 for Category “A” Urban Operations from Ground Level and Elevated Heliports. Sikorsky S76C+/C++ aircraft equipped with this STC can achieve operational approval for takeoff and landings at H1 designated heliports.
Multiple Canadian EMS rotorcraft operators faced suspension of H1 heliport operations at critical care infrastructures. Helijet voluntarily stopped landing at up to seven BC hospital helipads in its Sikorsky 76C+ air ambulances when questions were raised by Transport Canada. This was resolved through extensive work between Helijet, Transport Canada, and the Design Services team of Maxcraft Avionics. “This outcome is a real credit to the hard work and collaboration of our government and service-partners to put patients’ interests first,” said Linda Lupini, executive vice president of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and BCEHS.
• Take–offs and landings are approved during the day and night operations.
• Ground Level and Elevated Heliport minimum sizes are reduced.
• A Radar Altimeter scaling control for the EDZ-756 EFIS may be added where existing Rad Alt Indicators don’t meet minimum requirements.
• Vertical visibility windows related to Offshore Heliport operations are not required.
• A training program must be implemented for operational approval.
- Bell Boeing awarded $32M contract for V-22 Repairs
- DynCorp International awarded $54M contract for aircraft maintenance, modification and aircrew support for the Naval Test Wing Pacific
- Airbus Defence and Space GmbH awarded patent for Auxiliary drive system for a helicopter
- Airbus awarded patent for blade attachment joint
- Yamaha awarded patent for two-part drive shaft on drones
- Honeywell awarded patent for servo transparency warning system
- Den Helder Airport adapts to enable more helicopter usage
- Pilots union thinks Nigeria will fail FAA audit
- Sundance Helicopters partners with Las Vegas Outdoor Adventures
- Caverton Helicopters buys eight Bell 407GXPs
- Russian Helicopters produced the first Mi-28UB
- Indian Army to buy six AH-64E Apaches
- 24 month approval given for UK windfarm heliport
- Bishops demand helicopters for police in Ghana
- Charity Canvasser Fired after Helipad Fundraising Scam
- HeliRussia 2018 to be held at a new venue
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- CAMTS 2017 Best Practices
- Sikorsky considers local Black Hawk if it wins Romanian order
- Las Vegas Police show new H145 to local press