Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH16-53 for Category “A” Urban Operations from Ground Level and Elevated Heliports. Sikorsky S76C+/C++ aircraft equipped with this STC can achieve operational approval for takeoff and landings at H1 designated heliports.
Multiple Canadian EMS rotorcraft operators faced suspension of H1 heliport operations at critical care infrastructures. Helijet voluntarily stopped landing at up to seven BC hospital helipads in its Sikorsky 76C+ air ambulances when questions were raised by Transport Canada. This was resolved through extensive work between Helijet, Transport Canada, and the Design Services team of Maxcraft Avionics. “This outcome is a real credit to the hard work and collaboration of our government and service-partners to put patients’ interests first,” said Linda Lupini, executive vice president of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and BCEHS.
• Take–offs and landings are approved during the day and night operations.
• Ground Level and Elevated Heliport minimum sizes are reduced.
• A Radar Altimeter scaling control for the EDZ-756 EFIS may be added where existing Rad Alt Indicators don’t meet minimum requirements.
• Vertical visibility windows related to Offshore Heliport operations are not required.
• A training program must be implemented for operational approval.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for Delivery of CH-53K spare parts and Labour
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Edmonton news helicopter celebrates 10 years
- OSS wins two year AW109 EMS contract in Tamil Nadu
- Ontario City looks at EMS helipad location options
- Paradise Helicopters under threat from neighbours
- Bristow starts construction of new facility at Lydd SAR base
- Volocopter to carry out test flights in Dubai in Q4
- FAA employee union opposes ATC privatisation
- Airbus reveals Racer demonstrator developed from X3
- Marenco adds non-executive Director
- Airbus picks Salesforce CRM software
- CHC Announces New Contract with Quadrant Energy
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet