Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH16-53 for Category “A” Urban Operations from Ground Level and Elevated Heliports. Sikorsky S76C+/C++ aircraft equipped with this STC can achieve operational approval for takeoff and landings at H1 designated heliports.
Multiple Canadian EMS rotorcraft operators faced suspension of H1 heliport operations at critical care infrastructures. Helijet voluntarily stopped landing at up to seven BC hospital helipads in its Sikorsky 76C+ air ambulances when questions were raised by Transport Canada. This was resolved through extensive work between Helijet, Transport Canada, and the Design Services team of Maxcraft Avionics. “This outcome is a real credit to the hard work and collaboration of our government and service-partners to put patients’ interests first,” said Linda Lupini, executive vice president of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and BCEHS.
• Take–offs and landings are approved during the day and night operations.
• Ground Level and Elevated Heliport minimum sizes are reduced.
• A Radar Altimeter scaling control for the EDZ-756 EFIS may be added where existing Rad Alt Indicators don’t meet minimum requirements.
• Vertical visibility windows related to Offshore Heliport operations are not required.
• A training program must be implemented for operational approval.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills