Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH16-53 for Category “A” Urban Operations from Ground Level and Elevated Heliports. Sikorsky S76C+/C++ aircraft equipped with this STC can achieve operational approval for takeoff and landings at H1 designated heliports.
Multiple Canadian EMS rotorcraft operators faced suspension of H1 heliport operations at critical care infrastructures. Helijet voluntarily stopped landing at up to seven BC hospital helipads in its Sikorsky 76C+ air ambulances when questions were raised by Transport Canada. This was resolved through extensive work between Helijet, Transport Canada, and the Design Services team of Maxcraft Avionics. “This outcome is a real credit to the hard work and collaboration of our government and service-partners to put patients’ interests first,” said Linda Lupini, executive vice president of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and BCEHS.
• Take–offs and landings are approved during the day and night operations.
• Ground Level and Elevated Heliport minimum sizes are reduced.
• A Radar Altimeter scaling control for the EDZ-756 EFIS may be added where existing Rad Alt Indicators don’t meet minimum requirements.
• Vertical visibility windows related to Offshore Heliport operations are not required.
• A training program must be implemented for operational approval.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017