Twelve new AW139 air medical helicopters – all equipped with Donaldson AW139 Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) – have entered service in Australia, joining numerous other air operators that already use the advanced filter to keep their aircraft flying at peak performance.
Two new operators – Toll Helicopters and Hunter Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Services – chose to have Donaldson IBFs installed on their AW139s. It marks the largest AW139 IBF contract sale in Australia to date for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
The Donaldson IBF-equipped AW139s support the NSW Ambulance Helicopter retrieval service.
Toll Helicopters operates eight AW139s in the NSW Southern Region while Hunter Westpac flies four IBF-equipped aircraft in the NSW Northern Region. They join other air medical operators – including Careflight Australia – already flying lifesaving missions in Australia with Donaldson IBF protection and are expected to complete thousands of lifesaving missions in the coming year.
The helicopters will operate across a vast range of environments across NSW from coastlines to regional areas and the Outback, so having a superior engine filtration system is critical to completing their lifesaving missions.
“Salt water along the coastline and dust and sand in the Outback present real threats to helicopters,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager for Donaldson, Global Aerospace & Defense. “By using Donaldson IBF systems, operators in Australia have taken steps to extend engine life — and reduce program operating costs — by preventing damage from the elements.”
AW139 IBFs are available for installation on new aircraft at the factory, MRO facilities or completion centers. They are also offered as an aftermarket installation to upgrade fielded aircraft.
An AW139 IBF will be one of 10 IBF systems on display in Donaldson exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas.
- Prince Carl Philip tries the military pilot life
- Sikorsky delivers second Coast Guard S92 to South Korea
- Erlanger Life Force to add sixth helicopter
- Japanese operator Akagi Helicopter acquires one H125
- German Air Force receives last H145M
- First-ever helicopter-based firing of High Energy Laser
- Bristow teams with Blade to provide cabin class service
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for Delivery of CH-53K spare parts and Labour
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Edmonton news helicopter celebrates 10 years
- OSS wins two year AW109 EMS contract in Tamil Nadu
- Ontario City looks at EMS helipad location options
- Paradise Helicopters under threat from neighbours
- Bristow starts construction of new facility at Lydd SAR base
- Volocopter to carry out test flights in Dubai in Q4
- FAA employee union opposes ATC privatisation
- Airbus reveals Racer demonstrator developed from X3
- Marenco adds non-executive Director
- Airbus picks Salesforce CRM software
- CHC Announces New Contract with Quadrant Energy