Twelve new AW139 air medical helicopters – all equipped with Donaldson AW139 Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) – have entered service in Australia, joining numerous other air operators that already use the advanced filter to keep their aircraft flying at peak performance.
Two new operators – Toll Helicopters and Hunter Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Services – chose to have Donaldson IBFs installed on their AW139s. It marks the largest AW139 IBF contract sale in Australia to date for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
The Donaldson IBF-equipped AW139s support the NSW Ambulance Helicopter retrieval service.
Toll Helicopters operates eight AW139s in the NSW Southern Region while Hunter Westpac flies four IBF-equipped aircraft in the NSW Northern Region. They join other air medical operators – including Careflight Australia – already flying lifesaving missions in Australia with Donaldson IBF protection and are expected to complete thousands of lifesaving missions in the coming year.
The helicopters will operate across a vast range of environments across NSW from coastlines to regional areas and the Outback, so having a superior engine filtration system is critical to completing their lifesaving missions.
“Salt water along the coastline and dust and sand in the Outback present real threats to helicopters,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager for Donaldson, Global Aerospace & Defense. “By using Donaldson IBF systems, operators in Australia have taken steps to extend engine life — and reduce program operating costs — by preventing damage from the elements.”
AW139 IBFs are available for installation on new aircraft at the factory, MRO facilities or completion centers. They are also offered as an aftermarket installation to upgrade fielded aircraft.
An AW139 IBF will be one of 10 IBF systems on display in Donaldson exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas.
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF