Twelve new AW139 air medical helicopters – all equipped with Donaldson AW139 Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) – have entered service in Australia, joining numerous other air operators that already use the advanced filter to keep their aircraft flying at peak performance.
Two new operators – Toll Helicopters and Hunter Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Services – chose to have Donaldson IBFs installed on their AW139s. It marks the largest AW139 IBF contract sale in Australia to date for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
The Donaldson IBF-equipped AW139s support the NSW Ambulance Helicopter retrieval service.
Toll Helicopters operates eight AW139s in the NSW Southern Region while Hunter Westpac flies four IBF-equipped aircraft in the NSW Northern Region. They join other air medical operators – including Careflight Australia – already flying lifesaving missions in Australia with Donaldson IBF protection and are expected to complete thousands of lifesaving missions in the coming year.
The helicopters will operate across a vast range of environments across NSW from coastlines to regional areas and the Outback, so having a superior engine filtration system is critical to completing their lifesaving missions.
“Salt water along the coastline and dust and sand in the Outback present real threats to helicopters,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager for Donaldson, Global Aerospace & Defense. “By using Donaldson IBF systems, operators in Australia have taken steps to extend engine life — and reduce program operating costs — by preventing damage from the elements.”
AW139 IBFs are available for installation on new aircraft at the factory, MRO facilities or completion centers. They are also offered as an aftermarket installation to upgrade fielded aircraft.
An AW139 IBF will be one of 10 IBF systems on display in Donaldson exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations