Twelve new AW139 air medical helicopters – all equipped with Donaldson AW139 Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) – have entered service in Australia, joining numerous other air operators that already use the advanced filter to keep their aircraft flying at peak performance.
Two new operators – Toll Helicopters and Hunter Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Services – chose to have Donaldson IBFs installed on their AW139s. It marks the largest AW139 IBF contract sale in Australia to date for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
The Donaldson IBF-equipped AW139s support the NSW Ambulance Helicopter retrieval service.
Toll Helicopters operates eight AW139s in the NSW Southern Region while Hunter Westpac flies four IBF-equipped aircraft in the NSW Northern Region. They join other air medical operators – including Careflight Australia – already flying lifesaving missions in Australia with Donaldson IBF protection and are expected to complete thousands of lifesaving missions in the coming year.
The helicopters will operate across a vast range of environments across NSW from coastlines to regional areas and the Outback, so having a superior engine filtration system is critical to completing their lifesaving missions.
“Salt water along the coastline and dust and sand in the Outback present real threats to helicopters,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager for Donaldson, Global Aerospace & Defense. “By using Donaldson IBF systems, operators in Australia have taken steps to extend engine life — and reduce program operating costs — by preventing damage from the elements.”
AW139 IBFs are available for installation on new aircraft at the factory, MRO facilities or completion centers. They are also offered as an aftermarket installation to upgrade fielded aircraft.
An AW139 IBF will be one of 10 IBF systems on display in Donaldson exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas.
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns
- RotorSchmiede VA115 becomes first ultralight helicopter approved in Germany
- Belarusian army to get second batch of Russian Helicopters in April
- SKYe SH09 order-book hits 101 units
- Sundance Helicopters To Offer Superhero Special
- Southern North Sea support heliport being marketed for sale
- HeliOffshore launches training videos to enhance use of automation
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia