Twelve new AW139 air medical helicopters – all equipped with Donaldson AW139 Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) – have entered service in Australia, joining numerous other air operators that already use the advanced filter to keep their aircraft flying at peak performance.
Two new operators – Toll Helicopters and Hunter Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Services – chose to have Donaldson IBFs installed on their AW139s. It marks the largest AW139 IBF contract sale in Australia to date for Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI).
The Donaldson IBF-equipped AW139s support the NSW Ambulance Helicopter retrieval service.
Toll Helicopters operates eight AW139s in the NSW Southern Region while Hunter Westpac flies four IBF-equipped aircraft in the NSW Northern Region. They join other air medical operators – including Careflight Australia – already flying lifesaving missions in Australia with Donaldson IBF protection and are expected to complete thousands of lifesaving missions in the coming year.
The helicopters will operate across a vast range of environments across NSW from coastlines to regional areas and the Outback, so having a superior engine filtration system is critical to completing their lifesaving missions.
“Salt water along the coastline and dust and sand in the Outback present real threats to helicopters,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager for Donaldson, Global Aerospace & Defense. “By using Donaldson IBF systems, operators in Australia have taken steps to extend engine life — and reduce program operating costs — by preventing damage from the elements.”
AW139 IBFs are available for installation on new aircraft at the factory, MRO facilities or completion centers. They are also offered as an aftermarket installation to upgrade fielded aircraft.
An AW139 IBF will be one of 10 IBF systems on display in Donaldson exhibit 10537 at HAI HELI-EXPO 2017, March 7-9 in Dallas, Texas.
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189
- Forecast for Global Military Helicopter Market 2017-2026
- Royal Navy announces Osprey Trophy winner
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- PCX Aerostructures awarded $8M contract for right connecting links for the Apache AH-64 weapon system
- Helipad Events for Shangri-La Hotel
- Bristow vocalise current H225 thought process
- AHS announces results of annual Student Design Competition
- Spectrum Releases New Carbon Fiber 3200 Series
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil