Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH17-13 for installation of the Garmin GTS800 Traffic System with dual directional traffic antennas, and STC SH17- 14 for installation of Garmin HTAWS in the Airbus Helicopters EC-135.
Garmin GTS800 Traffic Alerting System
When flying in busy airspace, converging in sometimes less-than-ideal visibility conditions – pilots need every possible advantage to “see and avoid” traffic conflicts. Alertness and vigilance are essential. But for enhanced safety, nothing beats having an extra set of “electronic eyes” to help detect and display the position of any transponder- equipped aircraft approaching on a potential collision course.
The GTS800 provide performance suited to light helicopters, 40 watts of transmit power, a +/- 10,000-foot vertical separation maximum, and a typical active interrogation range of 12 nm in the forward direction. Passive surveillance is provided with available 1090 MHz extended squitter ADS-B “In” capability.
Garmin HTAWS enablement for GTN Navigators
HTAWS is an option available to provide operators with visual and audible alerts of potential terrain and obstacle conflicts along the flight path. Garmin HTAWS incorporates a high-resolution, five-color terrain scale, voice callouts, optional radar altimeter input, and in addition Garmin’s HTAW’s offers a Reduced Protection (RP) mode that allows low-level operations with minimal alerting while continuing to provide terrain and obstacle protection.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded