Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH17-13 for installation of the Garmin GTS800 Traffic System with dual directional traffic antennas, and STC SH17- 14 for installation of Garmin HTAWS in the Airbus Helicopters EC-135.
Garmin GTS800 Traffic Alerting System
When flying in busy airspace, converging in sometimes less-than-ideal visibility conditions – pilots need every possible advantage to “see and avoid” traffic conflicts. Alertness and vigilance are essential. But for enhanced safety, nothing beats having an extra set of “electronic eyes” to help detect and display the position of any transponder- equipped aircraft approaching on a potential collision course.
The GTS800 provide performance suited to light helicopters, 40 watts of transmit power, a +/- 10,000-foot vertical separation maximum, and a typical active interrogation range of 12 nm in the forward direction. Passive surveillance is provided with available 1090 MHz extended squitter ADS-B “In” capability.
Garmin HTAWS enablement for GTN Navigators
HTAWS is an option available to provide operators with visual and audible alerts of potential terrain and obstacle conflicts along the flight path. Garmin HTAWS incorporates a high-resolution, five-color terrain scale, voice callouts, optional radar altimeter input, and in addition Garmin’s HTAW’s offers a Reduced Protection (RP) mode that allows low-level operations with minimal alerting while continuing to provide terrain and obstacle protection.
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Airbus showcases EMS capabilities at Helitech 2018
- CareFlight Celebrates 35th Anniversary