Maxcraft Avionics Ltd announced that they have received Transport Canada STC SH17-13 for installation of the Garmin GTS800 Traffic System with dual directional traffic antennas, and STC SH17- 14 for installation of Garmin HTAWS in the Airbus Helicopters EC-135.
Garmin GTS800 Traffic Alerting System
When flying in busy airspace, converging in sometimes less-than-ideal visibility conditions – pilots need every possible advantage to “see and avoid” traffic conflicts. Alertness and vigilance are essential. But for enhanced safety, nothing beats having an extra set of “electronic eyes” to help detect and display the position of any transponder- equipped aircraft approaching on a potential collision course.
The GTS800 provide performance suited to light helicopters, 40 watts of transmit power, a +/- 10,000-foot vertical separation maximum, and a typical active interrogation range of 12 nm in the forward direction. Passive surveillance is provided with available 1090 MHz extended squitter ADS-B “In” capability.
Garmin HTAWS enablement for GTN Navigators
HTAWS is an option available to provide operators with visual and audible alerts of potential terrain and obstacle conflicts along the flight path. Garmin HTAWS incorporates a high-resolution, five-color terrain scale, voice callouts, optional radar altimeter input, and in addition Garmin’s HTAW’s offers a Reduced Protection (RP) mode that allows low-level operations with minimal alerting while continuing to provide terrain and obstacle protection.
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters