Leonardo announced today a further expansion of its already significant presence in the Japan’s helicopter market with new contracts and deliveries, bringing total orders close to 160 units and aircraft fleet to nearly 120 units to date.
A private customer has signed a contract for an AgustaWestland AW139 in VIP configuration marking the entrance of this largely successful type into the Japan’s corporate market. The aircraft is expected to be handed over later this year. Furthermore, the company and AW139 distributor in Japan Mitsui Bussan Aerospace announced the delivery from Leonardo’s facility based in Philadelphia of 4 additional AW139s for firefighting and disaster relief duties to the Tokyo and Sapporo Fire Departments and to the Mie and Tochigi Prefecture Disaster Relief Departments respectively. Two helicopters have completed the mission customization in Japan and will enter into service shortly. The other two helicopters will complete the mission customization soon. These latest deliveries bring the total number of AW139s in Japan to more than 50 confirming it the outright leader in the intermediate category in the country and used for a number of roles including firefighting, disaster relief, search and rescue, law enforcement, electronic news gathering and now also executive transport. Over 1,000 AW139s have been sold to more than 250 customers in around 70 countries worldwide to date.
Leonardo success in the Japanese helicopter market continues to grow with strong sales in recent years across its complete commercial product range. Company’s regional business headquarters, based in Tokyo, has been supporting the company’s growing business in Japan since 2008. The helicopter fleet in Japan is also supported by four authorized service centers which provide maintenance and repair services, confirming Leonardo commitment to current and future rotorcraft requirements in Japan.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills