Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun Investment Co., Ltd (Shanghai Zenisun) announced today they will strengthen their strategic cooperation in the Chinese civil helicopter market by renewing the existing Distributorship Agreement with Sino-US Intercontinental, part of Shanghai Zenisun, as the sole distributor in China (including Hong Kong and Macau) of Leonardo’s civil products. These include the AW119, AW169, AW139, AW189 helicopter models. The parties will initiate joint efforts on local training and local completion center capability setup. Through these initiatives Shanghai Zenisun is established as the preferred, leading strategic cooperation partner of Leonardo for civil helicopter sales in China.
Chinese customers will benefit from local training and industrialization cooperation between Leonardo and Shanghai Zenisun, leveraging the extensive collaboration in sales and after-sales services. Sino-US Intercontinental has so far placed orders for over 80 helicopters comprising AW119Kx, GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 helicopters. Fifty-five emergency medical service helicopters comprising the AW119Kx, AW169 and AW139 models were ordered in 2016 establishing the largest EMS helicopter program nationwide in China.
The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with more than 180 helicopters sold to Chinese customers to date for commercial and public services. 2016 has set a new record with more than 20 helicopters delivered to China. The growing fleet is supported by an increased customer support presence, recently enhanced by the opening of a major warehouse facility in Shanghai.
- Input on Compressor Events Needed For CAP437 Helideck Guidance
- Falcon Aviation Services picks Rusada maintenance software
- Able selected by Tucson PD for CR&O Contract
- TSO obtained by Jupiter Avionics for JA94 Dual Audio Controller
- Airbus completes Mexican Navy AS565MBe deliveries
- Russian lessor GTLK adds 31 helicopters to portfolio
- Medicine Hat Regional Hospital Waiting on Transport Canada
- Four Mi-8 Deliveries Across Russia
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Northrop Grumman-Built Fire Scouts Experience Pivotal Year
- CHC Announces New Contract with Centrica
- SENER and Babcock complete fifth AB212 upgrade for Spanish Navy
- First-of-its-kind training conducted by US Marine Corps on HMLA-773
- Australia retires last S-70B Seahawk
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance to introduce new operating model in 2018
- ENGIE and NHV win French Navy Dauphin MRO contract
- Wales Air Ambulance becomes 2 time Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence recipient
- Bell Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 technical analysis, engineering and integration services
- Ka-226T becomes the world first modular helicopter