Lease Corporation International (LCI), the aviation division of the Libra Group, has today announced the delivery of the first Leonardo AW139 helicopter to Héli-Union SA.
The brand-new AW139 will be leased from LCI to support Héli-Union’s growing activities in Asia.
France-based Héli-Union is a world-renowned helicopter operator, specialising in the support of oil and gas activities across five continents. The company has over 50 years of experience in more than 60 countries and operates a diversified fleet of medium and large twin-engined helicopters.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of LCI, says: “We are pleased to be partnering with Héli-Union, a very dynamic operator, as they increase their fleet. We see considerable demand for this versatile and innovative helicopter which offers a broad range of applications, and allows LCI to further expand its relationships with leading operators around the world”.
LCI is a major customer for the AW139 and has to date taken delivery of 23 of this type, which are being deployed on a variety of missions including emergency medical services (EMS), search and rescue (SAR), support for offshore oil, gas and wind energy installations.
Patrick Molis, President and CEO of Héli-Union, says: “It is fitting that Héli-Union is working on fleet strategy, developing leasing solution for the first time, to take benefit of the growth potential of the South-East Asian region. We are delighted to be working with LCI Helicopters who have been highly responsive, and extremely supportive to our requirements. We look forward to further developing our relationship over the coming years.”
The Leonardo AW139 is a versatile, modern twin-turbine, medium category helicopter, which can accommodate up to fifteen passengers. Since its entry on the market 14 years ago, the AW139 has been delivered to an ever growing number of operators worldwide.
LCI’s helicopter division comprises a fleet of close to 60 helicopters, including the market-leading Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters and next-generation Airbus Helicopters’ H175 and H130.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills