Lease Corporation International (LCI), the aviation division of the Libra Group, has today announced the delivery of the first Leonardo AW139 helicopter to Héli-Union SA.
The brand-new AW139 will be leased from LCI to support Héli-Union’s growing activities in Asia.
France-based Héli-Union is a world-renowned helicopter operator, specialising in the support of oil and gas activities across five continents. The company has over 50 years of experience in more than 60 countries and operates a diversified fleet of medium and large twin-engined helicopters.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of LCI, says: “We are pleased to be partnering with Héli-Union, a very dynamic operator, as they increase their fleet. We see considerable demand for this versatile and innovative helicopter which offers a broad range of applications, and allows LCI to further expand its relationships with leading operators around the world”.
LCI is a major customer for the AW139 and has to date taken delivery of 23 of this type, which are being deployed on a variety of missions including emergency medical services (EMS), search and rescue (SAR), support for offshore oil, gas and wind energy installations.
Patrick Molis, President and CEO of Héli-Union, says: “It is fitting that Héli-Union is working on fleet strategy, developing leasing solution for the first time, to take benefit of the growth potential of the South-East Asian region. We are delighted to be working with LCI Helicopters who have been highly responsive, and extremely supportive to our requirements. We look forward to further developing our relationship over the coming years.”
The Leonardo AW139 is a versatile, modern twin-turbine, medium category helicopter, which can accommodate up to fifteen passengers. Since its entry on the market 14 years ago, the AW139 has been delivered to an ever growing number of operators worldwide.
LCI’s helicopter division comprises a fleet of close to 60 helicopters, including the market-leading Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters and next-generation Airbus Helicopters’ H175 and H130.
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Fleet Keeper gets CAAP approval
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Bristow CEO describes the three commandments of safety
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Sikorsky Sponsors Educational Scholarship through the MedEvac
- Waypoint Receives Innovation Award in Tianjin
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F