Lease Corporation International (LCI), the aviation division of the Libra Group, has today announced the delivery of the first Leonardo AW139 helicopter to Héli-Union SA.
The brand-new AW139 will be leased from LCI to support Héli-Union’s growing activities in Asia.
France-based Héli-Union is a world-renowned helicopter operator, specialising in the support of oil and gas activities across five continents. The company has over 50 years of experience in more than 60 countries and operates a diversified fleet of medium and large twin-engined helicopters.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of LCI, says: “We are pleased to be partnering with Héli-Union, a very dynamic operator, as they increase their fleet. We see considerable demand for this versatile and innovative helicopter which offers a broad range of applications, and allows LCI to further expand its relationships with leading operators around the world”.
LCI is a major customer for the AW139 and has to date taken delivery of 23 of this type, which are being deployed on a variety of missions including emergency medical services (EMS), search and rescue (SAR), support for offshore oil, gas and wind energy installations.
Patrick Molis, President and CEO of Héli-Union, says: “It is fitting that Héli-Union is working on fleet strategy, developing leasing solution for the first time, to take benefit of the growth potential of the South-East Asian region. We are delighted to be working with LCI Helicopters who have been highly responsive, and extremely supportive to our requirements. We look forward to further developing our relationship over the coming years.”
The Leonardo AW139 is a versatile, modern twin-turbine, medium category helicopter, which can accommodate up to fifteen passengers. Since its entry on the market 14 years ago, the AW139 has been delivered to an ever growing number of operators worldwide.
LCI’s helicopter division comprises a fleet of close to 60 helicopters, including the market-leading Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters and next-generation Airbus Helicopters’ H175 and H130.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded