Safran has signed of a Support-By-Hour (SBH) covering engines operated by the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS) program. The 17-year agreement between Safran Helicopter Engines UK and Airbus Helicopters is worth more than 100 million euros and relates to Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E engines powering new fleets of H135 and H145.
In July 2016 Safran was selected to supply Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E turbines for the H135 and H145 fleets. Similar variants are already contributing to training operations in countries including the United States, Australia, France and Germany.
Safran Helicopter Engines UK already provides similar services to the engines in AS350 single engine Squirrels currently operated by the UK’s Defence Helicopter Flying School. Safran is delighted to be going forward with Airbus Helicopters, now in twin engine rotorcraft.
The Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E combine state-of-the-art technology with best–in-class reliability. With a growing share of the H135 market, the Arrius 2B2Plus is in demand by operators conducting missions in demanding environments. A principal advantage is better performance in hot-and-high conditions, enabling the H135 to carry more payload at the same altitude. To date, Safran has delivered more than 3,150 Arrius engines to 430 customers in 60 countries.
The Arriel is the most reliable engine solution within the 700 to 1,000 shp range. Around 12,000 units have been produced, together logging 46 million flight hours. It now powers over 40 different helicopter types and is the best-selling engine in its class.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years