Safran has signed of a Support-By-Hour (SBH) covering engines operated by the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS) program. The 17-year agreement between Safran Helicopter Engines UK and Airbus Helicopters is worth more than 100 million euros and relates to Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E engines powering new fleets of H135 and H145.
In July 2016 Safran was selected to supply Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E turbines for the H135 and H145 fleets. Similar variants are already contributing to training operations in countries including the United States, Australia, France and Germany.
Safran Helicopter Engines UK already provides similar services to the engines in AS350 single engine Squirrels currently operated by the UK’s Defence Helicopter Flying School. Safran is delighted to be going forward with Airbus Helicopters, now in twin engine rotorcraft.
The Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E combine state-of-the-art technology with best–in-class reliability. With a growing share of the H135 market, the Arrius 2B2Plus is in demand by operators conducting missions in demanding environments. A principal advantage is better performance in hot-and-high conditions, enabling the H135 to carry more payload at the same altitude. To date, Safran has delivered more than 3,150 Arrius engines to 430 customers in 60 countries.
The Arriel is the most reliable engine solution within the 700 to 1,000 shp range. Around 12,000 units have been produced, together logging 46 million flight hours. It now powers over 40 different helicopter types and is the best-selling engine in its class.
- Oklahoma Passes Bill for Aerial Gunning of Wild Hogs
- CAACI Issues Warning after Kite Collision
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia