Safran has signed of a Support-By-Hour (SBH) covering engines operated by the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS) program. The 17-year agreement between Safran Helicopter Engines UK and Airbus Helicopters is worth more than 100 million euros and relates to Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E engines powering new fleets of H135 and H145.
In July 2016 Safran was selected to supply Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E turbines for the H135 and H145 fleets. Similar variants are already contributing to training operations in countries including the United States, Australia, France and Germany.
Safran Helicopter Engines UK already provides similar services to the engines in AS350 single engine Squirrels currently operated by the UK’s Defence Helicopter Flying School. Safran is delighted to be going forward with Airbus Helicopters, now in twin engine rotorcraft.
The Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E combine state-of-the-art technology with best–in-class reliability. With a growing share of the H135 market, the Arrius 2B2Plus is in demand by operators conducting missions in demanding environments. A principal advantage is better performance in hot-and-high conditions, enabling the H135 to carry more payload at the same altitude. To date, Safran has delivered more than 3,150 Arrius engines to 430 customers in 60 countries.
The Arriel is the most reliable engine solution within the 700 to 1,000 shp range. Around 12,000 units have been produced, together logging 46 million flight hours. It now powers over 40 different helicopter types and is the best-selling engine in its class.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%