Safran has signed of a Support-By-Hour (SBH) covering engines operated by the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS) program. The 17-year agreement between Safran Helicopter Engines UK and Airbus Helicopters is worth more than 100 million euros and relates to Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E engines powering new fleets of H135 and H145.
In July 2016 Safran was selected to supply Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E turbines for the H135 and H145 fleets. Similar variants are already contributing to training operations in countries including the United States, Australia, France and Germany.
Safran Helicopter Engines UK already provides similar services to the engines in AS350 single engine Squirrels currently operated by the UK’s Defence Helicopter Flying School. Safran is delighted to be going forward with Airbus Helicopters, now in twin engine rotorcraft.
The Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E combine state-of-the-art technology with best–in-class reliability. With a growing share of the H135 market, the Arrius 2B2Plus is in demand by operators conducting missions in demanding environments. A principal advantage is better performance in hot-and-high conditions, enabling the H135 to carry more payload at the same altitude. To date, Safran has delivered more than 3,150 Arrius engines to 430 customers in 60 countries.
The Arriel is the most reliable engine solution within the 700 to 1,000 shp range. Around 12,000 units have been produced, together logging 46 million flight hours. It now powers over 40 different helicopter types and is the best-selling engine in its class.
- Avinco revealed as an Airbus group company
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s