Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has signed a two-year engine support contract with the Comando Generale della Guardia di Finanza (Italian Financial Police).
The contract covers the maintenance, repair and overhaul of Rolls-Royce M250 engines installed on the agency’s fleet of NH500 light turbine helicopters, a locally produced version of the MD Helicopters MD 500. This is the first major contract to be awarded to Vector Aerospace by a branch of the Italian government.
“We are pleased to sign this contract with the Italian Financial Police, and we look forward to providing outstanding support to our new and valued customer over the next two years,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President, Sales, Rotary-Wing at Vector Aerospace.
Vector Aerospace has over 25 years of experience supporting the Rolls-Royce M250 series of engines as an Authorized Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Center (AMROC), with full capability in Richmond, BC, Canada and with branch locations in Dallas, TX USA and Fleetlands, Gosport, UK. Vector offers complete MRO support for the M250 product line, including borescope inspection, failure analysis, freewheel shaft R&O, model conversions, in-house test capability and global field service support. Vector also offers its customers a pool of lease and exchange M250 engines and engine parts.
In addition, Vector is a Honeywell Authorized Repair & Overhaul Center for fuel control units and power turbine governors on M250 series engines, and a Triumph Engine Control Systems Authorized Repair & Overhaul Center for hydromechanical units (HMUs) on M250-C47/C40 series engines.
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter