Astronautics Corporation of America and Vector Aerospace have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work together to obtain supplemental type certificates (STCs) for installation of the Astronautics RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI).
As part of the agreement, Astronautics will be a preferred supplier to Vector, providing certified equipment, in addition to technical and product integration support. Vector will provide integration and support efforts, as well as STC development.
Astronautics and Vector will collaboratively pursue RoadRunner EFI retrofit applications for various aircraft, including Airbus Helicopters AS350, Bell 212, 412, and UH-1 rotary-wing aircraft.
The RoadRunner EFI has been designed as a drop-in replacement for current attitude direction indicator and horizontal situation indicator primary flight instruments, offering helicopter operators enhanced safety, reduction in operating costs, and minimal downtime.
“This MoU with Vector will help get the RoadRunner EFI to market faster so more operators can take advantage of the enhanced safety and reliability this product offers,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “We are excited to introduce the RoadRunner EFI to operators as a way to modernize their legacy aircraft with added capability.”
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023